Rareware All-Stars Clash is a game developed by Rareware and Nintendo, published on the Nintendo Wii U.
The game is similar to other 2D fighting games, features 3-on-3 action and battling until the rival's health bar hits zero.
Gameplay consist on using the directional pad or the analog stick (also compatible with arcade sticks and other peripherals) for moving and blocking, and 4 attack buttons (light attack, heavy attack, special) the use of both is required to pull combos, special moves and attacks. The game also features the "Ultimate Rush Attacks" which consists on a super attack or upgrade (three for each character). Also there's the Assist button and the Rare Power meter (three levels, required to use the Ultimate Rush Attacks).
Movement (Control Stick/Directional Pad)
- Left: Move Left, Block (if opponent is attacking), Dash (two times)
- Right: Move Right, Dash (two times)
- Down: Crouch
- Up: Jump
Attacking and other moves
- Y Button: Light Attack (L)
- B Button: Heavy Attack (H)
- A Button: Special Attack (S)
- X Button: Jump (same as Up)
- L Trigger: Partner Tag (P)
- R Trigger: Perfect Block (only during blocking, on a determined timing)
Light Attacks (L)
- Standing L: Light Attack 1
- Crouching L: Light Attack 2
- Forward + L: Light Attack 3
- Air L: Light Attack 4
Heavy Attacks (H)
- Standing H: Heavy Attack 1
- Crouching H: Heavy Attack 2
- Forward + H: Heavy Attack 3
- Air H: Heavy Attack 4
Special Attacks (S)
- Standing S: Launcher Attack (tosses opponent upward to aerial comboing)
- Forward + S: Special Attack 1
- Crouching S: Special Attack 2
- Air S: Special Attack 3
Ultimate Rush Attacks
These are the main special attacks in the game, a bit more advanced to perform.
- Ultimate Rush 1: Down + L + H (requires Rare Power meter level 1)
- Ultimate Rush 2: Left + L + H (requires Rare Power meter level 1)
- Super Ultimate Rush: QCF* + H + S (requires Rare Power meter level 3)
- Quarter Circle Forward.
The game features 26 Rare characters, along with 5 Nintendo characters (two of them unlockables) making a total of 31 characters.
- Banjo and Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie)
- Mumbo Jumbo (Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie)
- Gruntilda (Banjo-Kazooie)
- Klungo (Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie)
- Devil Bottles (Banjo-Tooie)
- Conker the Squirrel (Conker's Bad Fur Day)
- Gregg the Grim Reaper (Conker's Bad Fur Day)
- Panther King (Conker's Bad Fur Day)
- Heinrich the Alien (Conker's Bad Fur Day)
- Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark/Zero)
- Sabreman (SabreWulf)
- Jago (Killer Instinct)
- Fulgore (Killer Instinct)
- Orchid (Killer Instinct)
- Spinal (Killer Instinct)
- Glacius (Killer Instinct)
- Juno (Floyd assist) (Jet Force Gemini)
- Vela (Lupus assist) (Jet Force Gemini)
- Zitz (Battletoads)
- Rash (Battletoads)
- Pimple (Battletoads)
- Kameo (Kameo: Elements of Power)
- Cooper (Grabbed by the Ghoulies)
- Taj (Diddy Kong Racing)
- T.T. (Diddy Kong Racing)
- Wizpig (Diddy Kong Racing)
- Diddy Kong (Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest)
- Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest)
- King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
- Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong Country) (Unlockable)
- Krystal (StarFox Adventures/Dinosaur Planet) (Unlockable)
The game includes 16 stages, five of them unlockables
- Spiral Mountain (Banjo-Kazooie)
- Treasure Trove Cove (Banjo-Kazooie) (Unlockable)
- Rusty Bucket Bay (Banjo Kazooie)
- Windy (Conker's Bad Fur Day)
- The Poo Mountain (Conker's Bad Fur Day)
- It´s War (Conker's Bad Fur Day)
- Spinal's Stage (Killer Instinct)
- Orchid's Stage (Killer Instinct)
- Arjángelsk's Dam (Goldeneye 007) (Unlockable)
- Goldwood (Jet Force Gemini)
- Mizar's Palace (Jet Force Gemini)
- Garden (Viva Piñata) (Unlockable)
- Timber Island (Diddy Kong Racing)
- Jungle Japes (Donkey Kong Country)
- Gangplank Galleon: (Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest) (Unlockable)
- Dinosaur Planet (StarFox Adventures) (Unlockable)
Characters that can be seen in the background of each stage
- Spiral Mountain: Tootie, various Jinjos and vegetable enemies.
- Treasure Trove Cove: Capt. Blubber, Jolly Roger (Tooie), the giant crustacean and other enemies.
- Rusty Bucket Bay: Clanker, Snorkel, Grille Chompas, a Warp Caldruon, other enemies.
- Windy: Berri, Birdy, The Bees, Wasps, Dung Beetles, other notable characters, etc.
- The Great Mighty Poo: Himself, a pair of Dung Beetles and some sweet corn.
- It's War: Squirrels and Tediz
- Spinal's Stage: The Skeletons.
- Orchid's Stage: None.
- Arjángelsk's Dam: Haybot (Conker's Bad Fur Day) Some soldiers.
- Goldwood: Tribals and various enemies.
- Mizar's Palace: Mizar and other enemies.
- Garden: Mr. Pants (It's Mr. Pants!) Lots of Piñatas.
- Timber Island: Timber, Drumstick, Pipsy, Tiptup, Bumper and Krunch (some of them racing) and frogs.
- Jungle Japes: Cranky Kong, Funky Kong, Candy Kong, Animal Friends and some enemies.
- Gangplank Galleon: Lots of Kremlings and Animal Friends.
- Dinosaur Planet: Tricky, Riptor (Killer Instinct), Fangy (Conker's Bad Fur Day) and Mr.Patch (Banjo Tooie), also some Arwings on the fly.
Menu and Game Modes
The game includes the following menu:
The single player mode, it includes:
- Solo Battle
- Story (coming soon...)
- Time Attack
The multiplayer mode!
- Versus settings (Handicap, Time, etc.)
Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection
The online mode! features a lobby which includes:
- Play With Anyone
- Play With Friends
- Ranked Matches
- Friend Roster
The training mode, includes a command list, combo hits counter and cpu settings).
The trial mode features trials for each character.
The options for the game:
- Game Options (Difficulty, etc.)
- Screen Adjust
- Sound Settings (Volume, Sound Test)
- Delete Game Progress
The game archives, includes:
- Rare Archives (Rareware's History, Characters Info, etc.)
- Gallery (unlockable, pictures of the characters)
- Personal Archives (Time played, wins and losses, character usage ratio, etc.)