Nintendo All-Stars Battle Royale is a fighting game published by Nintendo and developed by Ultima. It is similar to PlayStation All-Stars Battle in terms of gameplay, character length, and concept. It will be released for the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.
From Mario's quest to save Princess Peach from Bowser's Castle to Samus Aran's interplanetary exploits in search of the space pirates, Nintendo's legendary game consoles and handhelds such as the Super NES and the Nintendo DS have been the focal point of many great adventures.
But after three decades of prosperity, a new threat has gathered numerous heroes of Nintendo past, present and future, and the fate of the universe depends on either of them...
- One Player Mode- Named after the single player campaign from the original Super Smash Bros. The player goes through eight stages. After beating the first six, you get to face your selected character's rival. Upon the rival's defeat, you must face off against the final boss, Nester (former mascot of folded magizine Nintendo Power). An ending cutscene will play upon Nester's defeat, as wll as agining unlockables for that character.
- Versus Mode- Traditional two-to-four player mode. Can choose between playing a Timed match, Stock match, or Kill Limit match.
- Trials- The challenge mode.
- Online- Allows you to play with others vis Nintendo Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Extras- You can view your unlockables and special features here.
- Options- Change the game's settings or watch the credits.
The characters below are the ones that will be available from the start. More will arrive as DLC.
- Mario (Super Mario Bros.)
- Link (The Legend of Zelda)
- Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
- Samus (Metroid)
- Pikachu (Pokemon)
- Fox (Star Fox)
- Yoshi (Yoshi's Island)
- Kirby (Kirby Super Star)
- Pit (Kid Icarus)
- Wario (WarioWare, Inc.)
- Ness (EarthBound)
- Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
- Ike (Fire Emblem)
- Mr. Game and Watch (Game and Watch Gallery)
- Zelda (The Legend of Zelda)
- R.O.B. (Gyromite)
- Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Snake (Metal Gear)
- Mega Man (Mega Man)
- Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
- Mushroom Kingdom (Super Mario Bros./EarthBound)
- Skyloft (The Legend of Zelda/Luigi's Mansion)
- PictoChat (PictoChat/Big Brain Academy)
- Green Greens (Kirby/Metroid)
- Castle Siege (Fire Emblem/Kirby)
- Brinstar (Metroid/Pokemon)
- Great Fox (Star Fox/Mega Man Legends)
- Pikmin Planet (Pikmin/Super Mario Bros.)
- Pokemon Stadium (Pokemon/F-Zero)
- Onett (EarthBound/Star Fox)
- Smashville (Animal Crossing/Xenoblade Chronicles)
- WariWare, Inc. (WarioWare, Inc./Metal Gear)
- Kattelox Island (Mega Man Legends/Fire Emblem)
- Mute City (F-Zero/Donkey Kong Country)
- Practice Arena
- Rival Arena
- Boss Arena (One Player Mode only)
- Skyworld (Kid Icarus/Golden Sun)
- Flat Zone (Game and Watch Gallery/Dr. Mario)