New Pokemon Emerald Version (North America), Pocket Monster X: Emerald (Japan; ポケットモンスターX：エメラルド Pokettomonsutā X: Emerarudo), or Pokemon: Generation EX (everywhere else), is the new installment to the current (and hopefully while longer) Generation V series of main games. It's main focus is "doing things differently."
Differences from the traditional gamesEdit
What makes it stand out from all the other games are in a variety of ways. Here they are:
- It is the first main Pokemon game and Pokemon game remake to not come in pairs or as a sister game.
- The Wonder Launcher is the only method of using items in-battle, though it's been modified to add fairness.
- A new level up and evolution mechanic called PokeGrid (Level Grid in the Japanese version) replaces the traditional one which was common for all other main Pokemon games.
- Some Pokemon now have new evolutions or formes.
- Realtime Links are interactive scenes that can change the progress of the story plot.
- The game has multiple endings depending on how the player performs in Realtime Links.
- Pokemon can use Drives that initiate special abilities. There are 3 levels: Overdrive, Gigadrive, and Teradrive. Drive Points (DP) are earned by defeating certainly leveled Pokemon.
- Some/Many pokemon have their stats and Egg Groups added or changed.
- Some Pokemon also have their (Hidden) Abilities changed as well.
- Each Legendary Pokemon now have their own unique entrance sprites.
"*" - New Evolution, "**" - New Forme
Dragonite | Dragonese*
Lopunny | Jackedge*
Changes from Ruby, Sapphire, and EmeraldEdit
- Ratings: CERO - A, ESRB - E, PEGI - 3+
- Genre/Style: 1-6 Simulation/Fighting RPG (also accessible via Nintendo Network or Nintendo WFC)
- Developed by: Game Freak
- Published by: Nintendo, The Pokemon Company
- Platform(s): Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo DS
- This game features walking Pokemon, in almost the same manner as HeartGold and SoulSilver.
- In this game, Turboblaze also powers up Fire-type moves and doubles the DP earned.
- Likewise, Teravolt also powers up Electric-type moves and doubles the DP earned.
- The function involving Shuckle (now also including Funguard) and berries returns in this game.
- The error involving missing Pokemon has been resolved (though you probably figured that out by now).
- Some/Many Pokemon now have new or changed types.
- They also have new or changedegg groups.
- This can be considerd a Generation V.5 game.
- Since this is a non-bundle game the appearance of certain Pokemon now varies via time and/or seasons.
More edits soon! ^o^