NASCAR Racing 2014 Season (also known as NR2014), is a racing game developed and produced by NASCAR Media Group for the Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Steam, and PC. The game features many improvements from last years game as well as an updated roster and paint schemes. NASCAR Racing 2014 Season was made available in Summer 2014 and was be the second installment in the NASCAR Racing by NASCAR Media Group series.
Features & Gameplay
NR2014 will feature similar gameplay to its prequel with minor improvements and the addition of two new game modes. When playing the game in Arcade Mode, players can use "Race Mods" which can make their car more powerful or damage resistance. "Rush", "Resistance", and "Flashback" will return as well as the add-on of two new "Race Mods": "Avoidance" and "Mobility".
- Rush: Once a speed of at least 180 MPH is achieved, Rush will be activated. Rush gives a sense of speed to the player and does not affect the car at all.
- Resistance: Used to slow down time during a crash. Though can only be used a certain amount of times during a race, can determine weather you win or lose.
- Flashback: If you do get caught in a crash, Flashback will allow you to rewind to before the accident. However, you only get one Flashback per race.
- Avoidance: If you begin to spinout, Avoidance will automatically turn your car around keeping it from wrecking or becoming airborne.
- Mobility: Keeps your car from taking too much damage when wrecking no matter how bad the wreck.
- Single Race: Play a single race as any driver on any track with options fully customizable.
- Season Play: Compete for a championship in any series with your own rules.
- Career Play: Fight your way to the top with your own driver.
- Season Replay: Rewrite NASCAR's history with difficult yet rewarding challenges.
- Matchmaking: Compete in online single races or championships.
- Racing Leagues: Compete in an official racing league in either online or offline mode.
- Showroom: Customize or create your own car.
- Options: Customize the game to give yourself the best experience.
- Opponent Manager: Choose the drivers you want to take part in races.
- Downloadable Content: Download new content for the game here.
2014 Sprint Cup Drivers
- Justin Allgier
- A.J. Allmendinger
- Aric Almoria
- Marcos Ambrose
- Michael Annet
- Trevor Bayne
- Greg Biffle
- Alex Bowman
- Clint Bowyer
- Jeff Burton
- Kurt Bush
- Kyle Bush
- Landon Cassill
- Austin Dillon
- Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
- Carl Edwards
- David Gilliand
- Jeff Gordon
- Denny Hamlin
- Kevin Harvick
- Jimmie Johnson
- Kasey Kahne
- Matt Kenseth
- Brad Keselowski
- Kyle Larson
- Joey Logano
- Jamie McMurrary
- Casey Mears
- Paul Menard
- Joe Nemecheck
- Ryan Newman
- Danica Patrick
- David Ragen
- Brian Scott
- Reed Sorenson
- Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
- Tony Stewart
- Ryan Truex
- Martin Truex, Jr.
- Brian Vickers
- Cole Whitt
- Josh Wise
2014 Nationwide Drivers
- Dakoda Armstrong
- Trevor Bayne
- Tanner Berryhill
- Mike Bliss
- Chris Buscher
- James Buscher
- Landon Cassill
- Jermey Clements
- Derrike Cope
- Ty Dillon
- Jeffery Earnhardt
- Chase Elliott
- Joey Gase
- Brendan Gaughn
- Blake Koch
- Dylan Kwasniewski
- Ryan Reed
- Elliott Sadler
- Brian Scott
- Ryan Sieg
- Regan Smith
- J.J. Yealy
^2014 Fantasy/Legend Drivers
- Erik Darnell 64 Gunselman Motorsports
- Juan Pablo Montoya 8 Chip Ganassi Racing
- Mark Martin 00 Michael Waltrip Racing
- Scott Speed 25 Levine Family Racing
- Nur Ali 86 Deware Racing Group
- Boris Said 46 Dusty Whitney
- Ryan Sieg 39 RSS Racing
- Teri MacDonald-Cadieux 77 Randy MacDonald racing
- Shane Sieg 93 RSS Racing
- Frank Kimmel 44 Thorsport Racing
- Morgan Shepherd 89 Faith Motorsports
- Scott Riggs 44 Richard Petty
- Brian Keselowski 92 Brian Keselowski Motorsports
|Driver Name||Car Number||Team||Primary Sponsor||Edition|
|9||Everham Motorsports||Dodge||Legends DLC|
|Cale Yarbrough||21||Wood Brothers Racing||N/A||Legends DLC|
Richard Childress Racing
|Dale Jarrett||88||Robert Yates Racing||UPS||Legends DLC|
|Glen "Fireball" Roberts||22||Jim Stephens||N/A||Legends DLC|
|Michael Waltrip||15||Dale Earnhardt Inc.||Napa||Legends DLC|
|Richard Petty||43||Petty||STP||Legends DLC|
|Sterling Marlin||4||Morgan-McClure Motorsports||Kodak||Legends DLC|
- Atlanta Motor Speedway
- Auto Club Speedway
- Bristol Motor Speedway
- Charlotte Motor Speedway
- Chicagoland Speedway
- Darlington Raceway
- Daytona International Speedway
- Dover International Speedway
- Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Indinapolis Motor Speedway
- Iowa Speedway
- Kansas Speedway
- Kentucky Speedway
- Las Vegas Motor Speedway
- Martinsville Speedway
- Michigan International Speedway
- New Hampshire Motor Speedway
- Phoenix International Raceway
- Pocono Raceway
- Road America
- Road Atlanta
- Richmond International Raceway
- Sonoma Raceway
- Talladega Superspeedway
- Texas Motor Speedway
- Watkins Glen International
- CT Speedway
- Riverside Motor Raceway
- Four Flags Road Course
- Road International
NASCAR Racing 2014 Season is the first installment in the series to feature a full length soundtrack. Not only can the soundtrack be played while browsing the menus but also while racing in the game. New music can also be added to the PC edition of the game by downloading songs and placing them into the Sound Folder.
- 2 Chaiz ft. Wiz Khalifa: We Own It
- Black Veil Brides: In The End
- Like A Storm: Love The Way You Hate Me
- Manufactured Superstars: Zombies In Love
- Rise Agianst: Re-Education
- Young Guns: Bones
- ZZ Top: Sharp Dressed Man
BETA access to the game was given to those that pre-order from the time that game as announced through February 9, 2014. The BETA began the same day as Preseason Thunder and ended on March 2, 2014. In the BETA, players could race testing versions of the cars around three tracks which are Daytona International Raceway, Atlanta Motor Speedway, and Dover International Raceway.
- Speedweeks 2014 Pack: Includes BETA access only cars for the full game. Those who pre-ordered the game did not have to purchase this pack and it is also not included in the Season Pass. Speedweeks 2014 Pack retails for $3.99.
- Pre-Order Bonus Pack: Includes the five cars and two tracks available to those who pre-ordered the game. Those that did pre-order do not need to buy this pack and this pack is not covered in the Season Pass. It retails for $3.99.
- Daytona-Talladega Paint Schemes: Includes all special and limited edition paint schemes that were run between the races. The pack will include about twenty-thirty new schemes. It will retail for about $2.99 and will be covered in the Season Pass.
- Darlington-Richmond Paint Schemes: Includes all special and limited edition paint schemes that were run between the races. The pack will include about twenty-thirity new schemes. It will retail for about $2.99 and will be covered in the Season Pass.
- The Chase: Includes all special and limited edition paint schemes that were run between the final ten races of the year. The pack will include about fifteen more new schemes. It will retail for about $2.99 and will be covered in the Season Pass.
- Retro Racing Pack: Includes paint schemes, cars, and three tracks that were part of NASCAR History. The pack will retail for about $9.99 and will be featured in the Season Pass.
- Thunder Road: Includes retro paint schemes for current NASCAR drivers. The pack will retail for about $9.99 and will be also featured in the Season Pass.
- Season Pass: Contains all DLC featured in the game. The Season Pass will retail for $19.99.
Current Generation Edition For Current Generation Systems, (Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3) NASCAR Racing 2014 Season will feature 2014 all drivers and tracks. Current Generation Systems will have the Race Engine V1 being run while playing. However, Current Generation Systems will only allow for sixteen player matchmaking and will lack downloadable content such as new drivers and game modes as well as new challenges throughout the season. Jeff Gordon will be shown on the cover.
Current Generation Limited Edition
The Current Generation Limited Edition, includes an exclusive Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 car, and a 1:64 diecast car of the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion, Jimmie Johnson. The Limited Edition will be available for seventy five dollars on launch day Dale Earnhardt, Jr. will be featured on the cover.
Next Generation Edition
For Next Generation Systems, (Xbox One and PlayStation 4) NASCAR Racing 2014 Season will feature all listed drivers and tracks along with a few bonus Fantasy Drivers and tracks. In terms of graphics, NASCAR Racing 2013 Season will run on the Race Engine X2. For sound players can either use Speedway Soundtrack X or Spectator Sound X. Next Generation Systems will support forty-three player matchmaking and downloadable content throughout the season. Austin Dillon will be shown on the cover.
Next Generation Limited Edition
The Next Generation Limited Edition, includes the NASCAR Racing 2014 Season Pass, an exclusive Xbox One or PlayStation 4 car, a 1:24 diecast of 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Seires Champion, Jimmie Johnson, a code for NASCAR Racing 2015 Season BETA, and two tickets to any NASCAR Nationwide Series Race plus a discount for any Sprint Cup Series race. The Next Generation Limited Edition can be purchased for $199.99 on launch day. Jimmie Johnson will be featured on the cover.
The GameStop/EB Games Edition of NR2014 will be available for both Current and Next Generation consoles and will feature four exclusive cars for use in the Showroom. The cars include a Subaru Lancer Evolution X, a Honda Accord, and a Dodge Charger. Matt Kenseth will be showcased on the cover.
The Target Edition will be available for both Current and Next Generation systems. This edition will feature the exclusive Target Road Course fantasy track and an exclusive paint scheme for Kyle Larson, who will also be on the cover of the game.
Monster Energy Edition
The Monster Energy Edition will come with an exclusive paint scheme for Kyle Busch in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, and exclusive base for the Showroom, a coupon for Monster Energy, and the exclusive Monster Energy dirt track. Kyle Busch and Kurt Busch will both be featured on the cover.
The NASCAR United Racing Series (NURS) is an OFFLINE racing series owned by the game's creator and a special edition of NR2014 was released to showcase the first season of the league. The game includes the base game as well as a forty three car expansion pack and bonus tracks that will be used during the season. Various NURS cars are on the cover of the game and this edition is exclusive to the PC edition as the league is run on NR2003.
- The full version of the game was originally going to be released in Spring 2014 but moved to early Summer 2014 due to not only NASCAR '14 being released but to make the roster more accurate.
- With the PC version of the game having mod support at launch, it is expected that many will not purchase the DLC but instead create and download the cars themselves. The development team has stated that they are fine with players doing this just as long as they continue to play the game.
- All music in the game is censored however downloaded songs will be uncensored.
- The game has recieved an "E" Rating however it is expected that painters will create the alcohol sponsors for use in the PC edition and becuase of this, the back of the box art for the PC version features "Use of Alcohol" under the rating.
^= Included only in PC or Next Generation versions.
^^=Included only in Current Generation versions.