Hello, visitors and members! My nickname is Element Knight 375, an avid fan of Game Ideas Wiki. I'm the writer of several pages, such as The Element Chronicles, Pixel Fighters, and Star Wars Battlefront III, and this Forum began when I communicated with senior members, such as Ouroburos,TheNewSaurian and Geniusguy445, regarding my work and whether I should join the wiki.
Geniusguy graciously extended a personal invitation to create an account and join the community, but I convinced him to let me stay anonymous from an official standpoint for security reasons. However, I provided a nickname, Element Knight 375, for them to address me by, and shortly afterward they gave me permission to establish this, a Discussion Page, for people to give their opinions on once-a-day questions through the extremely quick, extremely easy, and extremely informal process of editing. And even now, after creating an account, I continue to expand it, and you great contributors out there keep responding!
So here's how this works: for every day I visit the site, I will come on to this page, type that day's date, and post a question for that day, regarding everything from what game you would want made the most, from a good bout of "Who would win in a fight?". If you are intrigued by a question, just click "Edit Page" at the top next to the title, scroll down to the question you want to answer, start a paragraph, and then make up a nickname for yourself. This name can be on-the-spot or established, but you don't have to make an account. From there, you just write up your answer, hit publish, and then it's open to the public. If your answer is really good, then I, Element Knight, or some of the other contributors might respond to it. If you have a question you'd like me to ask, go to the bottom and post a comment telling me (also account-free). Are you ready? Here goes!
Please check out the archives as well. :)
01/02/14: What is the one moment in video games that got you reduced to tears of sadness or happiness?
- hmm.... In Final Fantasy VII, when Aerith died "I've got the magic in me..." BlueSaga (talk) 08:22, January 5, 2014 (UTC)
- I think it would be when Zack died in Crisis Core. Mainly it was that music that played... "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 07:57, February 23, 2014 (UTC)
01/07/14: What's your favorite crossover game between two companies?
- It's a tie between Marvel vs Capcom and Street Fighter X Tekken. Wish there would be a Marvel vs DC though... "You would not believe your eyes..." BlueSaga (talk) 00:46, February 23, 2014 (UTC)
- SSB. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 07:57, February 23, 2014 (UTC)
01/08/14: How many times would you lose in an almost impossible game before rage quitting?
01/09/14: If Kingdom Hearts had a complete remake, what Square Enix or Disney character do you think should be in it?
- Princess Garnet of Final Fantasy IX and, umm... Wreck It Ralph? "You would not believe your eyes..." BlueSaga (talk) 00:46, February 23, 2014 (UTC)
01/11/14: What Pokemon game has your favorite music?
- Kanto and Hoenn have my favorite Pokemon Music. Love the Pokemon March if your looking for specific favorites. "You would not believe your eyes..." BlueSaga (talk) 00:46, February 23, 2014 (UTC)
- I adore the music from XY, like the rival battle theme. Although, the gym leader battle theme from Gen 1 was pretty great. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 07:57, February 23, 2014 (UTC)
01/12/14: What two games do you think would make a great crossover?
01/13/14: If every game idea on this wiki were real, which one would you want the most?
01/14/14: If Nintendo, Square Enix, Capcom, or any other game company were on this wiki, what game do you think they'd develop?
- I believe if Eutechnyx was to view my NASCAR Racing Series pages, they would consider adding some elements and maybe even bringing the most beloved NASCAR game series back. StrawDogAmerica (talk) 18:03, January 15, 2014 (UTC)
- It's hard for me to actually imagine a company like Nintendo, Square, or Capcom developing a game for something other than money and fan loyalty, but if a smaller company like Sega or Ubisoft were to do an idea, I would expect something like a new Assassin's Creed, a new Sonic Riders, or a different game altogether that they developed alongside a smaller team. "Those wizards are crazy!" Element Knight 375 (talk) 09:45, January 16, 2014 (UTC)
01/15/14: Would you prefer an arsenal of weapons over tons of magic spells?
- That's a tough one. I think in my opinion i would prefer an arsenal of weapons. Bows, Crazy guns from Borderlands, Plasma cannons, Keyblades. Magic is great in games like Skyrim but other games don't sell it enough for me to give up my Keyblade for it. "Got It Memorized?" TheRealJonezy 16:31, January 16, 2014.
- Certain weapons would be cool to have, but magic spells could do more and varied things, are instantly accessible, and aren't a hassle to carry around. "These wizards are crazy!" Element Knight 375 (talk) 07:28, January 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Depends on a number of things. How big is the inventory for each? How much ammo/mana do you have? How easy to get more? What group does technology attacks fall under (Mass Effect)? I'd love both equally. Genius Guy #445 (talk)
01/20/14: Should Google make its own game system?
- No Genius Guy #445 (talk) 19:46, February 25, 2014 (UTC)
- NOAP. SO MUCH NOAP. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 09:45, February 26, 2014 (UTC)
- For the record, Google is actually making a game console.
- F**K. "Who da man" Element Knight 375 (talk) 05:15, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
02/03/14: If they remade the Virtual Boy to make it have color, be in 3D, and have a longer cord, would you buy it?
- Well, if there aren't headaches included, sure. BlueSaga (talk) 00:35, March 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Occulus Rift and whatever Sony is working on is essentially the Virtual Boy. Anyone who says Nintendo isn't innovative is severely incorrect. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 18:20, March 27, 2014 (UTC)
02/06/14: What is your favorite game that was made before 2005?
- My personal favorite is the first game in the Star Wars Battlefront Series. "Ukrainian, but a manatee..." Ethandabomb (talk) 22:01, February 7, 2014 (UTC)
- I would probably agree with that, but I'm also hugely into Jet Set Radio. I wish that series would come back. "These wizards are crazy!" ~~~~
02/07/14: What older game series would you most like to see come back?
- Well, if Ice Climbers had a HD remake with better mechanics, I'd tottaly play it. The Kanto Region of Pokemon would be awesomer if it had a 3D remake, with some new pokemon. A HD Bomberman and a HD Dig Dug. An HD remake of the original Samurai Warriors. A HD Sonic and Tails. And finally, Diddy Kong Racing in 3D. "You would not believe your eyes..." BlueSaga (talk) 00:46, February 23, 2014 (UTC)
- I'm down with that, but I'd also like a return of the old Crash Bandicoot and the old Banjo-Kazooie. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 09:45, February 26, 2014 (UTC)
02/10/14: What game consumes the most of your time?
- 130 logged hours in TF2. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 18:20, March 27, 2014 (UTC)
- Not bad. I have 315 hours logged in Pokemon X. Also, I think I have about 150 hours invested in The Elder Scrolls series. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 05:08, April 8, 2014 (UTC)
02/13/14: Which do you like better, 8-bit or 16-bit music?
- 16-Bit, specifically Mega Man X, Super Mario World, and Sega Genesis (Especially Ristar and Sonic 2.) ~~~
- I prefer 8-bit in most cases. It's more catchy and less fuzzy in the ears. Case in point, the 8-bit Zelda theme is way better than the 16-bit one in my opinion. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 09:45, February 26, 2014 (UTC)
02/15/14: Is there a game you want to have simply for the sake of having it, such as part of a collection?
02/21/14: What video game song has been stuck in your head most recently?
- <nowiki>Ocean Palace Zone from Sonic Heroes. ~~~
- This song of Little Big Planet that was changed in TearAway. Both are made by MM. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_DF7V8bCl4 "You would not believe your eyes..." BlueSaga (talk) 00:33, February 23, 2014 (UTC)
- I would like to take this opportunity to talk about a non-video game example. I bring to your attention Disney's Frozen as an acceptable alternative for soundtrack comparison. Everyone needs to see it. Thank you, that is all. Genius Guy #445 (talk)
- There's a mashup of Honeycomb Highway (Sonic Lost World) and various songs from JSR and Sonic Rush that is constantly stuck in my head somehow. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 07:57, February 23, 2014 (UTC)
02/24/14: Have you ever hated a game before you loved it?
- If it ever gets to the point of hating a game, I usually stop playing. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 19:46, February 25, 2014 (UTC)
- I don't know if I've exactly hated a game before loving it; I know my dad has, but not me so much. I guess if I had to pick something, it would be Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, simply because it was so different from the other two. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 09:45, February 26, 2014 (UTC)
- To be honest, Call of Duty 2 and 3. BlueSaga (talk) 02:43, March 8, 2014 (UTC)
- I was waiting for someone to say that. Element Knight 375 (talk) 04:50, March 8, 2014 (UTC)
- Mega Man 2Kfcnyancat (talk) 01:13, March 16, 2014 (UTC)
02/27/14: Which has better exclusives, Playstation or Xbox?
- This is a question i've been wondering for a few years now. As an avid Xbox gamer, I must say Xbox has some great exclusives like Titanfall and Gears Of War. However, Playstation has some amazing exclusives over on their side with The Last Of Us, inFamous, Uncharted and lots more. So I think for me it has to be PlayStation. "Make love, not Console Wars" TheRealJonezy 13:20, February 28, 2014 (UTC)
- I agree with PlayStation. Xbox has some cool exclusived, but the only one I really enjoy is Super Meat Boy, whereas PlayStation has Crash Bandicoot, Sly Cooper, Spyro the Dragon, and more. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 07:52, March 1, 2014 (UTC)
02/28/14: Who's your favorite character from a fighting game?
- Well, there's a whole damn lot to choose from. For me it either has to be Smoke or Noob Saibot from Mortal Kombat 9 specifically or maybe Green Arrow from Injustice if that counts. "Where there is smoke, there's fire!" TheRealJonezy 16:53 March 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Counting SSB, I'd say Link or Sonic. If we're talking a fighting gamer's fighting game, I like Ryu or Ken from Street Fighter and Liu Kang. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 18:47, March 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Ling Xiaoyu and Marshal Law from Tekken and Toon Link of SSBB. Not to mention Phoenix Wright from Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. And in Playstation All Stars, Sackboy or Parappa the Rapper. BlueSaga (talk) 02:43, March 8, 2014 (UTC)
- Guy from Street Fighter and Asuka Kazama from Tekken. ClarentBloodArthur 21:54, March 27, 2014 (UTC)
03/01/14: What's your favorite idea on the wiki other than one of your own?
- I really like the Indestructible Death Suit page. It's simple, sharp, and above all well written. User:Dancefighter
- That page was absolutely well-crafted. I also liked Salvation a lot even with all the changes it underwent, and I'm a big fan of the classic Nintendo Kart. I'm pretty jealous of that one. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 08:28, March 4, 2014 (UTC)
- Indestructible Death Suit was indeed well-crafted. Salvation is awesome too. Nintendo Kart is also pretty good in a Nintendo-fan-list-all-the-characters way. User:Dancefighter
- I think mine probably had to be Iron Wolf just because of the sheer epicality of the cover art, how well it was described and all those good stuffs. "Got It Memorized?" TheRealJonezy 21:38 March 5, 2014
- Nintendo Party was one of my favorites, and one of the first pages I saw when i joind this wiki. Actually, since making my account, this was one of the first pages I saw on any Wiki. But, a close second would be Element Chronicles. BlueSaga (talk) 02:43, March 8, 2014 (UTC)
- You are awesome. Let me just say that right now. :D Element Knight 375 (talk) 04:50, March 8, 2014 (UTC)
03/02/14: What's your favorite PC indie game?
- Probably Game Dev Tycoon. I think we all know why considering the nature of this wiki. By the way, has anyone else played it? If not, I thoroughly recommend it. TheRealJonezy 21:39 March 5, 2014
- I played it bro, I felt it was really medicore. I mean it was funny how your Sci-fi RPG game "Tank-nado" would get really awesome review scores, but it felt more like a small flash game than anything else. User:Dancefighter
- Game corp all the way! I mean, managing a video game company? Come on!!! BlueSaga (talk) 02:43, March 8, 2014 (UTC)
- Game Dev Tycoon is actually pretty cool. Never played it, but I've seen a lot of it. I'm not at all a PC game kind of guy, but I gotta say, Nidhogg and One Finger Death Punch look epic. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 04:50, March 8, 2014 (UTC)
- I avoid many indie games, because they feel like glorified flash games you have to pay for. -_- Genius Guy #445 (talk) 18:20, March 27, 2014 (UTC)
- Some of them are great, though. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 05:15, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
03/03/14: What's your most anticipated game of 2014?
- For me it'd be either Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes or Watchdogs. Watchdogs just looks too good to be true, and with Metal Gear (it's kinda dumb how they split the game into two parts)...well let's just say Kojima is known for making the impossible possible. User:Dancefighter
- I'm gonna have to go with either the new Mario Kart or the new Smash Bros. I've always been a Nintendo guy. Although, Hideo freaking Kojima will probably come out with another masterpiece as USUAL. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 10:24, March 5, 2014 (UTC)
- So many... South Park: The Stick Of Truth, The Evil Inside, Batman: Arkham Knight, Super SmaSh Bros Wii U. I CAN'T DECIDE! TheRealJonezy 21:41 March 5, 2014
- Dude, Arkham Knight looks awesome! Even more since Rocksteady is behind it. Also Element Knight Kojima is a master piece (a Metal Gear game that actually feels modern and not overly tedious!!! Joking aside MGS V is going to be the Game to own). User:Dancefighter
- Kojima is decidedly brilliant. And it sounds nice that Rocksteady is heading up another Batman. They seem to get it very right. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 06:38, March 6, 2014 (UTC)
- I am personally really excited for The Stick of Truth or Super Smash Bros. But since Stick of Truth is already out I'll have to go with Samsh Bros. ~CrazieDave
- Freedom Planet! It's like Sonic, but it's not like Sonic! Kfcnyancat (talk) 01:13, March 16, 2014 (UTC)
03/05/14: What's your favorite Batman game?
- Arkham Asylum, given I've never played any other. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 19:33, March 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Arkham City all the way. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 04:35, March 20, 2014 (UTC)
03/06/14: Would you like to see another game done in the style of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare?
- Totally. A Deadliest Warrior game in this style would be AWESOME. "Ukrainian, but a manatee..." Ethandabomb (talk) 01:20, March 9, 2014 (UTC)
- That already exists, bro. I'd personally like to see a Lord of the Rings game like Chivalry. Up-close and personal swordplay against the background of the LOTR soundtrack would be too good to describe. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 08:50, March 13, 2014 (UTC)
03/07/14: What's your favorite new game that you've played in the last six months?
- One of my favorites has got to be Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition which I acquired a couple weeks ago for the PS4. "Ukrainian, but a manatee..." Ethandabomb (talk) 01:20, March 9, 2014 (UTC)
- Dust: An Elysian Tail was kinda fun, but I more enjoy Jet Set Radio. It had amazing atmosphere, interesting gameplay, and my favorite soundtrack of any game. I can't believe a new one hasn't been made in over a decade. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 08:50, March 13, 2014 (UTC)
- Well, the newest game I've got is Little Big Planet Karting. I'm sure it's be better if I didn't lose the online pass though.... BlueSaga (talk) 06:42, March 15, 2014 (UTC)
- Mine would have to be either Pokemon X, Super Mario 3D World, Fire Emblem: Awakening or Animal Crossing New Leaf... I haven't checked my town for about a week now... I'll be right back!
- I played not even the first level of Mass Effect 2, but I'm kinda excited about it now. (haven't played the first one) Genius Guy #445 (talk) 19:33, March 19, 2014 (UTC)
03/12/14: What's your favorite game from childhood?
- Hmn... I guess it would have to be either Splinter Cell Chaos Theory or Out of This World. While both appear outdated today, back then, I invested an incredible amount of time playing and learning all the in's and out's of the two games. User:Dancefighter
I'd go with Final Fantasy IX or Mario Party 1. They were both amazing and I still have them in my top 10 list of video games. BlueSaga (talk) 06:42, March 15, 2014 (UTC)
- Scratch that, The Sims 1 was my favorite game in my childhood. BlueSaga (talk) 00:35, March 19, 2014 (UTC)
- I played a lot of movie and cartoon games when I was little, but my favorite ones were always GoldenEye 007, Super Mario World, and Oddworld. Their flashiness and colors always attracted me, and the latter two are still some of my favorite games. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 08:32, March 15, 2014 (UTC)
- I remember Oddworld, the first was good (dark, disturbing, yet lighthearted plot), the second was meh (really linear not as cute or charming). And Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath was one of my favorite games on the original Xbox. User:Dancefighter
- I agree with everything you said, but I actually feel like the second one was less linear than the first one. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 04:35, March 20, 2014 (UTC)
- The second just felt like a let down compared to the first and all the hype. User:Dancefighter
- Hehehe, Sorry. The Sims just had sentimental value to me. XD
03/13/14: If you were able to, what video game ideas would you like to become true?
- An idea that's not my own? Hmn, I guess it'd be Indestructible Death Suit. If it was one of my video game ideas (I only have one on here) Echoes: Operation Stranglehold. User:Dancefighter
- (Answering my own question but well) I would love to see Nintendo Party alive, I mean, why has this not been done yet? And a game idea of my own would be the unique and in-depelovement Dim. Admin: The Locked Dimension User: IsGamer13
- This is a hard one. I would have to say Element Chronicles or Nintendo Party. Nintendo Party, I mean come on! Next step after Mario Party! And Element Chronicles? Pfft. Who doesn't wanna see that? BlueSaga (talk) 06:42, March 15, 2014 (UTC)
- If I had to go with one of my own, I'd go with The Element Chronicles (or maybe Nintendo Party), but if I were to pick someone else's, I'd either go with Indestructible Death Suit or Salvation. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 08:32, March 15, 2014 (UTC)
- My own ideas: Sonic the Hedgehog: Equestrian Adventure , The Yoshi Project: Super Mario World 3 , and Brawl: The MS-Paint Hack . Others' ideas: The Legend of Paper Zelda, Pixel Fighters , and Link in Space. Kfcnyancat (talk) 01:11, March 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Finally someone said Pixel Fighters. Element Knight 375 (talk) 04:35, March 20, 2014 (UTC)
- Wait, we're doing our own? I guess I'd like to see Assassination and Almost come to life. BlueSaga (talk) 16:04, March 28, 2014 (UTC)
03/14/14: Who's your favorite character in any RPG?
- Hmm... prepare for a list: Mario & Luigi, Zero (Alpha & Beta), Marth, Dust, Red, Bishop. As for a fangame... it would be my character (Dim. Admin in it's respective game) and the nameless character (where is the name?) from Element Chronicles (love the idea btw) User: IsGamer13
- I personally like Luigi in the Mario and Luigi games, Mudkip and his evolutionary family and the 'My Unit' character in Fire Emblem: Awakening. But my favourite would have to be Mudkip. Thanks to BlueSaga for reminding me of my favorite SSBB character, Ike ~CrazieDave
- Quite a few. There is Blue and Prof. Oak from Pokemon. Wakka, Auron, Rikku, and Garnet from Final Fantasy. Lyn and Ike from Fire Emblem. Finally, I'd say Phoenix Wright and Apollo Justice from Ace Attorney. BlueSaga (talk) 02:47, March 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Luigi/Everyone in the Paper Mario rpgs, Fredrick/Joshua (Fire Emblem). Genius Guy #445 (talk) 19:33, March 19, 2014 (UTC)
- I like Frederick and Alm from Fire Emblem, Sheogorath and J'zargo from The Elder Scrolls, Fidget from Dust, and if we're counting Pokemon, Aegislash and Charizard. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 04:35, March 20, 2014 (UTC)
- I can't decide which of the Investigation Team in Persona 4 I like the most ;) ClarentBloodArthur 22:09, March 27, 2014 (UTC)
03/19/14: What one game mechanic that you feel game developers just can't get right?
- Um, swimming. Especially looking at the Mario series. -_- -_- -_- Genius Guy #445 (talk) 19:33, March 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Horses and bikes. For God's sake. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 04:35, March 20, 2014 (UTC)
- Laser Guns. They never have the same "OOMPH" of non-laser guns and are often clones of Machine Guns. Kfcnyancat (talk) 22:32, March 20, 2014 (UTC)
- Everything in Ice Climbers and character flight. Cure! Dia! Poisona! (talk) 22:45, March 21, 2014 (UTC)
- That's pretty reasonable. Element Knight 375 (talk) 06:06, March 22, 2014 (UTC)
- Hmn, I'd say free-roaming. Developers tend to hamfist a lot of dumb collectibles to drive 'free roaming' (usually they don't do anything) placed in dumb places no one in their right mind would actually 'explore' in real life. It tends to give a sort of empty facade over boring places that all look the same. User:Dancefighter
- I know. Spider-Man 2 for PS2 hid secret tokens in ridiculous places to make you search around like an idiot. That kind of thing doesn't add replay value, it just annoys people. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 05:39, March 24, 2014 (UTC)
- I was thinking more like Assassins Creed or , to a lesser extent, Arkham City. But yeah, it's really annoying to have to break character and 'explore' (by that I mean wandering around into place that "look" like they might have something instead of being genuinely interested in seeing what's there) just because it's "what the game wants". User:Dancefighter
- I know. It must be brutal to be a completionist playing games like that. Element Knight 375 (talk) 07:00, March 25, 2014 (UTC)
- The problem is that game developers want you to play the games like that. I mean most of those games aren't bad, but they have these numbers, stats, stars, whatever that pretty much tells you that your supposed to collect these things or play the game a certain way. Making collectibles a fun part in a game is a tough nut to crack. You can put them in obvious places (but then it defeats the purpose of having them), you can make them worthless (again it defeats the purpose), or you can have a little chart or number telling/reminding you to collect whatever (but that means the developers knew full well what they were doing and did it on purpose). True they aren't forcing you, but it's a psychological type of manipulation. User:Dancefighter
- I guess it's somewhat necessary, since doing it any other way is so difficult and time consuming. Besides, everything in video games is kind of manipulation in a way. Element Knight 375 (talk) 04:32, March 26, 2014 (UTC)
- Apparently, it was fun to find collectables in Saints Row 4 because they were literally everywhere. The amount of freedom in running around a city like that doesn't force you to find a collectable, it just makes enjoying the transport system more rewarding. Some people do enjoy collecting obscurely placed items. What you guys need to know about games like AC and Batman is they're RPG's. Every since RPG's took off, you have the main story, and you have sidequests. The Sidequests can include exploring the city, looking for cool stuff. Or fighting people. These days, you have free roaming games, which take root from RPG's. Wide open world, only these days there is more action and dimensions to explore. GTA and Saints Row both have missions that can be completed at any time, while giving you time to explore in between. RPG's allow you go through the campaign at your own pace. If you were to play a game like Halo, the campaign is only broken up by gaming sessions. If you were to play a game like Saints Row, you can break it up be gaming sessions and get the story done all at once, or you can explore the world it takes place in. That's what should make a game great. Not finding "number of hours to find every collectible," but number of hours you can spend enjoying the world of the game. The collectibles are just bonuses in my mind. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 18:20, March 27, 2014 (UTC)
- ^^ That's pretty much what I was trying to say. I have no trouble with playing the game at your own pace, nor do I have trouble with games that show not tell. But I dislike games that make you "break character" just to find a collectible in otherwise dull places. User:Dancefighter
- I agree. If you're going to make a game with a lot of collectibles, make something like Banjo-Kazooie where collecting seemingly mundane items is key to progressing through the game, but it's perfectly enjoyable at the same time, since you get to examine all the little amusing nooks and crannies of each area. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 07:49, March 28, 2014 (UTC)
- Finding collectibles is never really breaking character though. It's just stopping to smell the roses. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 04:17, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
03/20/14: Is there a series you normally like that has gone in a bad direction recently?
- I would have to say Splinter Cell or Final Fantasy. Splinter Cell is more of a hollywood B-movie than a believable stealth game like it used to be. Final Fantasy...those games played themselves. User:Dancefighter
- I've never played Final Fantasy, but I really admire it, and I agree it's depressing how dumbed down it's gotten. I think Super Mario has stuck with too many templates like Goombas, Bob-Ombs, Koopas, and other stuff as opposed to creating new things. I feel like Sonic the Hedgehog is off its game a little bit too (although hopefully Sonic Boom is good). "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 05:39, March 24, 2014 (UTC)
- Not dumbed down, Final Fantasy's always had the same problems in spades, it's the fact that the series never fixes them. The biggest critical complaint about Final Fantasy games is that its combat system produces the same kind of repetitive ‘grind’ that is present in an MMO (also looking at you Borderlands, Fallout, and Skyrim). The experience system is utterly broken. About halfway through the games, it becames apparent: you can either buy the largest, most expensive sword, or you can run around in the fields killing monsters for half an hour. The effect is exactly the same. As a result, you are never excited to get treasure. These problems are annoying because they would have been easy to fix, if an insightful producer had been at the helm. The leveling system in the main Final Fantasy games exists only as a Pavlovian reward; a way to addict you to a repetitive process, like the one in Diablo. In short, Final Fantasy is often as exciting as finding an e-mail from a real person in your spam box. Also Mario is a solid video game franchise that is doing quite well. User:Dancefighter
- Mario's doing pretty well, but that doesn't make me love what direction it's taken. I've yet to see them do something like Galaxy or 64 that's super-replayable and, well...game-changing. But believe me, I still enjoy some Mario games. I love World and NSMBW. But that's a real problem you're describing with FF. Even in games like Pokemon that I love, it annoys me when you have to continually grind like an animal looking to obtain too much of a food it likes. Skyrim does it less I think, but it's still there. It's an issue in all games with lots of leveling up to be done, but granted, it's pretty hard to make gaining level after level consistently interesting and challenging, especially if you have a lot of characters to level up (in fact, Pokemon and Final Fantasy are poster children for that). Element Knight 375 (talk) 07:00, March 25, 2014 (UTC)
- Personaly, Jak and Daxter. I loved the original. BlueSaga (talk) 01:02, March 25, 2014 (UTC)
- Never played J&D, but I've played Ratchet and Clank and Sly Cooper. Ratchet was solid, but Sly Cooper remains one of my favorite game series ever. Element Knight 375 (talk) 07:00, March 25, 2014 (UTC)
- Yeah everyone loves Galaxy. I've had a weird relationship with the Super Mario Galaxy games. I appreciated the creative freedom of setting a game about jumping in space. Yet I disliked the first game's emphasis on animals reminding you to do the thing that you can do at the place where you can do it in order to get the thing the game needs you to want, because getting that thing results in the materialization of the object you need to interact with in order to proceed. Bees telling you that rabbits were looking for something, rabbits telling you that the something they are looking for is near here, the camera panning over to show you a post, the game nudging you: "Remember what you can do to posts? You can hammer them with your butt stomp!" and then you hammer the post and a star-gate-piece-thing appears. You do four more things and you make a star-gate and you fly to a little planetoid where you have to chase a rabbit to get a star. Aren't these rabbits supposed to be the good guys, as the frequent story sequences have illustrated numerous times? GRRR. Anyway FF has always been the poster child for bad MMO mechanics. User:Dancefighter
- Yeah, I have the same opinions on Super Mario Galaxy. Except I feel more like it got old after a while. Element Knight 375 (talk) 04:32, March 26, 2014 (UTC)
- I think we need an opinion from someone who's played the games previous to galaxy. I played SM 64, Sunshine and both Galaxies. SM64 was very difficult, all the time. Just beat it recently, never playing it again. The controls were brutal and the camera often shifted when you needed it to stay put, but free roam was great. Sunshine was better for controls, challenges. Camera got less easy to use. Shoutout to rotating when triple jumping then using the hover nozzle. Also, yoshi sucked. I rather enjoyed the creativity of Fluud. I've found gamecube games are just the right difficulty between n64 hard and wii easy. Both galaxies had lots of hints I mostly ignored. 2 player is overly easy in the first, which was corrected in the second. Single player was decent in difficulty, with 2 matching the difficulty of NSMBwii. Easy>medium>super difficult. Super Mario Galaxy 2 was awesome with the green stars, too. And yoshi. Camera is better in the second because of the straightforward nature of it. Freeroam was an abomination. Overall, I don't think Galaxies ruined the series. Mostly in that they are exactly in line with how Nintendo games overall have evolved. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 04:17, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
- For my actual answer, I would say that most series these days are ok, with the exception of most of the recent iterations. We have a bunch of crap sequels in so many series. Castlevania, metroid, Tomb Raider, etc. It isn't a trend, yet. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 04:17, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
- I agree with that. Element Knight 375 (talk) 05:15, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
03/21/14: If you could meet anyone in the gaming industry (YouTuber, developer, composer, whatever), who would it be?
- Hmn, guess Cliff Bleszinski. Always admired the Gears of War games. Though I disagree with some of his views. User:Dancefighter
- I'd love to meet Caddicarus. He's funny and awesome and he knows a lot about what makes a good game. I'd also like to meet Hideki Naganuma (composer for Sonic Rush, Ollie King, and JSR), Jason Griffith (voice of Sonic the Hedgehog and Cilan from Pokemon) and Lorne Lanning (co-creator of Oddworld). "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 05:39, March 24, 2014 (UTC)
- Griffin. Not Tobuscus, but Griffin. I'm a dog person! BlueSaga 01:02, March 25, 2014 (UTC)
03/22/14: What game that you really enjoyed has a special place in your heart?
- Would it be cliche if I said Metal Gear Solid (1, 2, 3, Peace Walker)? User:Dancefighter
- The original Sims. I cried when my sister got it scratched. But then, theres Little Big Planet. I cried when I got it. Basicaly, I'm a crier.
- I'm gonna say Super Mario World, GoldenEye, or Oddworld. But if we're talking obscure stuff, I like Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom. Laugh if you like, but it's super-solid for a TV show game. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 07:00, March 25, 2014 (UTC)
03/23/14: What's your favorite simulation game?
- I'm not a big fan of simulation games, but I'd have to go with the original Sims on the PS2. It was the only two player Sims game I've played. Cure! Dia! Poisona! (talk) 01:52, March 27, 2014 (UTC)
- N/A. I'm not even going to try to answer. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 07:49, March 28, 2014 (UTC)
- A couple flash games, TBH. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 04:17, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
03/24/14: What's your favorite game idea?
- My own idea, Nintendo Party, Elemental Knight, Sonic Adventure X, for me they're very well done (maybe ecept for my own idea since I haven't finished it yet). IsGamer13
03/25/14: Who's your favorite character that only appears in a crossover game?
- Ruby Heart of Marvel vs Capcom 2, or the Bombed, one of the enemies in Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Cure! Dia! Poisona! (talk) 01:52, March 27, 2014 (UTC)
- I can't really think of anything...although I guess Tabuu and Master Hand are pretty cool. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 07:49, March 28, 2014 (UTC)
03/27/14: Which video game character did you/do you have a crush on? (We won't judge!)
- No way I'm leaving a signature for this! Rikku from Final Fantasy X, Garnet from Final Fantasy IX, and Amy from Sonic Shuffle.
- Well, get ready: Princess Zelda (big time), Mew from Jet Set Radio, Fiora from Xenoblade Chronicles, most female characters from Fire Emblem (but mainly Lissa and Cordelia), Rosalina from Super Mario, Aerith from Final Fantasy, and Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite. I need a girlfriend, guys. It's a very real problem. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 04:40, March 30, 2014 (UTC)
- ^^ Road trip! User:Dancefighter
- I would say a full out crush or anything but there are a few gals in Fire Emblem, Trucy, and my own xbox avatar. Though Peach, Daisy, Rosilina, Samus, Zelda are pretty good in some versions. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 04:17, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
03/29/14: What's your favorite game genre?
- I can't just choose one! I'd go with Make Your Own, RPG, MMORPG, and Simulation. BlueSaga (talk) 00:31, March 31, 2014 (UTC)
- It's definitely either RPG or platformer for me. Anything exciting or adventurous. Preferably with some good story as well. Although, to be fair, I also like racing games, creative games, games that are more artistic experience than game, and anything based on physics (particularly ragdoll). "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 02:50, March 31, 2014 (UTC)
- It varies, sometimes I like RPG, what I actually like is how a game makes itself more noticeable than the others, take for example, a game I like that is called Touhou is about avoiding everything that goes at you while Mother 3 is RPG and Super Mario is most of the times a platformer. In other words, games that I enjoy to play for one or another fact. IsGamer13
- I get it. So basically, games that have a "thing." Makes sense. Element Knight 375 (talk) 05:28, April 2, 2014 (UTC)
- The games that let you solve problems creatively: FPS, TPS, Open world games. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 04:17, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
- I always like that. Element Knight 375 (talk) 05:15, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
03/30/14: What's your favorite music game?
- Beatles Rockband and PaRappa the Rapper BlueSaga (talk) 06:32, April 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Band Hero and DJ hero. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 04:17, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
- I don't really play music games. I like Wii Music, and Jet Set Radio has my favorite game soundtrack. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 05:15, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
03/31/14: Which video game character do you relate to the most?
- Colress and Patchouli, smart/clever, curious,, powerful in it's own way and somewhat lazy when uninterested. IsGamer13
- It's hard to say. To a certain extent I relate to Link from Zelda in the way that he keeps going in life no matter what. To another extent I relate to Sonic the Hedgehog in my wisecracking, funny, confident attitude, but it's hard for me to focus on one thing for too long. In a way, I'm like one of the GG's from Jet Set Radio in that I'm an expressive person just figuring out what to do with my life. It's hard to nail down a single character. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 05:28, April 2, 2014 (UTC)
- I have many mes. there's the Hope of Final Fantasy XIII me. The quiet, creative Sackboy of Little Big Planet me. The co-operative Ice Climber me. The crazy Claptrap of Borderlands me. And the funnny Daxter of Jak and Daxter me. And the always so serious Lightning of FF XIII me.... BlueSaga (talk) 17:01, April 6, 2014 (UTC)
- Big Boss nuff said. User:Dancefighter
- I think the TF2 engie. Quiet, brilliant and deadly to those who oppose me. "[sentries] Designed by me, built by me, and hopefully, not pointed at you. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 04:17, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
- Damn. Element Knight 375 (talk) 05:15, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
04/01/14: Who is your favorite video game character that doesn't fight?
- Buddy the Bellhop from the MySims series. BlueSaga (talk) 00:19, April 5, 2014 (UTC)
- DJ Professor K from Jet Set Radio, and basically any mysterious merchant character. There are probably more, but those are my favorites. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 04:12, April 5, 2014 (UTC)
- Phoenix Wright, i guess. So many games feature fighting in some way. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 04:17, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
- OHHH Phoenix Wright is cool too. Element Knight 375 (talk) 05:15, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
04/02/14: Who would win in a fight, Mario or Sonic?
- Fireballs versus Superspeed? Both of them can become giants... Both have projectiles... yeah, Sonic wins. The power ups are virtualy the same, except Sonic has super speed. BlueSaga (talk) 06:32, April 11, 2014 (UTC)
- The question asked by everyone. I would give the same answer. Depends on the universe; depends on the rules. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 04:17, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
- Sonic. Element Knight 375 (talk) 05:15, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
04/03/14: What games do you think need sequels the most?
- Final Fantasy IX, it is without a doubt one of the better Final Fantasy games out there, and so many fans demand a sequel, but Square Enix doesn't seem to understand. Also, I'd love for Rival Schools to get a new sequel too. ClarentBloodArthur 12:29, April 4, 2014 (UTC)
- I'd love to see another Half-life game also another Battlefront would be pretty cool, I think. Just make it like Gears only bigger and I'd be happy, it doesn't even need to be Starwars. User:Dancefighter
- I would normally say Battlefront, and I might still if the new one is bad. Right now, though, my most desired sequel is to Jet Set Radio. Freakin' beloved series with no bad games that hasn't seen a sequel in 12 years. I don't get it. But also, Banjo-Kazooie and Sonic Adventure 2 need sequels. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 04:12, April 5, 2014 (UTC)
- Half life 3 needs to be made some day. XD Genius Guy #445 (talk) 04:17, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
- That's an obvious one. Element Knight 375 (talk) 05:15, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
04/05/14: What game has your favorite general dialogue?
- MySims Kingdom and Borderlands 2. The characters are CRAAZY! BlueSaga (talk) 17:01, April 6, 2014 (UTC)
- Hard to say Last of Us or Farcry 3. User:Dancefighter
- Animal Crossing, Katamari Damacy, Jazzpunk, and some recent Sonic games have fantastic dialogue. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 22:10, April 6, 2014 (UTC)
- Saints Row 3. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 04:17, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
04/06/14: What two games would make a good crossover?
- Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem of course! BlueSaga (talk) 22:23, April 6, 2014 (UTC)
- Yeah, that would be very cool. Mario and Sonic platformer should be one. de Blob and JSR should be another. Chivalry vs. Lord of the Rings should be a thing. Thief and Mirror's Edge. Street Fighter and Tekken. Pokemon and Digimon. Star Wars Battlefront and Titanfall. Oddworld and Borderlands. Elder Scrolls and World of Warcraft even. There are so many that should happen. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 05:08, April 8, 2014 (UTC)
04/07/14: How many times would you lose in an almost impossible game before rage quitting?
04/08/14: Is there a game you like that few other people do?
- Touhou, Etrian Odyssey, Mother series. I just like them for the music and for them being pretty epic, some storylines are pretty well detailed. I don't see much people playing neither Touhou nor Etrian Odyssey, but I can understand, the first one is a massive bullet shooting game with amazing music and the second one is a rage-quitting labyrinth-exploring RPG. IsGamer13
- RPG maker for the PlayStation 1, Roblox (Yeah, It's true...) , and MySims Kingdom for the DS. BlueSaga (talk) 06:32, April 11, 2014 (UTC)
- The Lord of the Rings movie games. I love them, but nobody ever talks about them. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 07:55, April 11, 2014 (UTC)
04/09/14: Is there a game you don't like that everyone else does?
- I don't like Final Fantasy, any DBZ games and... Street Fighter (yes, be shocked). Personally, I love underrated well-made games that offer an interesting gaming experience, not some plain repetitive games that offer the same thing everytime with added properties that offer little to no difference in the gameplay (most of the times, I make eceptions). So sorry guys :(, but I guess everyone has it's taste. IsGamer13
- I know I'm going to get a lot of flak for this but... Bioshock. I don't necessarily dislike the game, but I disagree with a lot of the praise the games have been getting. User:Dancefighter
- Umm... I never liked Far Cry, I think Pokemon games advance to slowly, and Street Fighter isn't very good since I've played Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.
- I dislike Battlefield, The Sims, and Mortal Kombat mainly. They just don't hold my interest at all. I also don't like smartphone games much. They provide no fulfillment. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 07:55, April 11, 2014 (UTC)
- I don't understand the love of COD. I appreciate many games I wouldn't play myself, but COD is just... no. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 04:17, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
- That one goes without saying. Element Knight 375 (talk) 05:15, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
04/10/14: Do you think the future of gaming lies with indie games?
- Ideally, no. I think we need big companies to power the industry. I think we need many indie companies to inject creativity into the world. If we didn't, we wouldn't have goat simulator. In all seriousness though, we need small companies who make small audience games that big companies just never would. There's plenty of room for both. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 04:17, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
- I'd agree with that, although on their current track, big companies aren't going to provide much interesting content. "Who da man?" Element Knight 375 (talk) 05:15, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
04/11/14: If you were to make a game alongside a prominent game dev, who would it be?
04/12/14: What game or game series most influences your work as a whole?
04/15/14: Have you ever felt the need to finish a game?
04/16/14: What do you play when you can't think of anything to play?