Hello, visitors and members! My nickname is Element Knight 375, an avid fan of Game Ideas Wiki. I'm the writer of several pages, such as The Element Chronicles, Pixel Fighters, and Star Wars Battlefront III, and this Forum began when I communicated with senior members, such as Ouroburos,TheNewSaurian and Geniusguy445, regarding my work and whether I should join the wiki.
Geniusguy graciously extended a personal invitation to create an account and join the community, but I convinced him to let me stay anonymous from an official standpoint for security reasons. However, I provided a nickname, Element Knight 375, for them to address me by, and shortly afterward they gave me permission to establish this, a Discussion Page, for people to give their opinions on once-a-day questions through the extremely quick, extremely easy, and extremely informal process of editing. And even now, after creating an account, I continue to expand it, and you great contributors out there keep responding!
So here's how this works: for every day I visit the site, I will come on to this page, type that day's date, and post a question for that day, regarding everything from what game you would want made the most, from a good bout of "Who would win in a fight?". If you are intrigued by a question, just click "Edit Page" at the top next to the title, scroll down to the question you want to answer, start a paragraph, and then make up a nickname for yourself. This name can be on-the-spot or established, but you don't have to make an account. From there, you just write up your answer, hit publish, and then it's open to the public. If your answer is really good, then I, Element Knight, or some of the other contributors might respond to it. If you have a question you'd like me to ask, go to the bottom and post a comment telling me (also account-free). Are you ready? Here goes!
08/03/13: Which do you generally prefer in games, a bow and arrow, or any type of gun?
- It depends on the game. I would never like to see a Legend of Zelda or Fire Emblem game with guns in it, or a Halo or Call of Duty relying on bows. " Stay away from my damn pet flamingo!" - Al129023 (talk) 5:01,September 7, 2013 (UTC)
- I generally prefer games where I can use a bow and arrow. More epic, more challenging, more fun. It has character. "What can I say? I die hard." Element Knight 375 (talk) 05:06, September 24, 2013 (UTC)
- TF2. Mostly guns and all. Some weird melee weapons. But the Sniper gets the Huntsman, which is a bow and arrow. No scope, but you're lighter on your feet and harder to backstab. Even more impressive than headshot with a rifle, is a headshot with a bow. In other games, i appreciate the general silence of a bow, but guns are usually more effective. I'd rather use a rocket launcher than a gun, but that's just splittin hairs. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 02:07, October 24, 2013 (UTC)
- I prefer a bow and Arrow over everything besides priests. Shoot from long range, in my favorite rpg's and adventure games, EVEN LINK HAS A BOW! Wil, one of my favorite video game characters, has one, Most games i like have 'em. In Final Fantasy I and II, it makes me sad that rangers don't exist. It makes me wanna kill something... "Dont touch me tacos!!!" BlueSaga (talk) 03:17, November 6, 2013 (UTC)
- I prefer the subtlety and skill to a bow as well. Anybody can use a machine gun, but it takes skill to use a sniper rifle or a bow. Element Knight 375 (talk) 08:49, October 24, 2013 (UTC)
08/04/13: What indie games would you like to see sequels to?
- I don't play enough indie games to know. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 02:07, October 24, 2013 (UTC)
- I'd honestly like to see a sequel to Super Meat Boy, if I had to think of one that was originally indie. I only got to play a little bit of it, but as a platformer fan, it was an extraordinary experience. "What can I say? I die hard." Element Knight 375 (talk) 08:49, October 24, 2013 (UTC)
08/07/13: What's your opinion on MMOs?
- So many are RPG's, so I don't like them because of the RPG elements (experience: Runescape, Cave story). My friend is super hyped about Destiny, and MMOFPS, which sounds really good. I just wish I had the internet to facilitate that. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 02:07, October 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Meh. I respect MMOs, but they're such a huge hassle that you would have to have a ton of free time to spend on them, which I really don't. Also, there aren't many that I would find worth playing anyway, except maybe Elder Scrolls Online. "What can I say? I die hard." Element Knight 375 (talk) 08:49, October 24, 2013 (UTC)
08/11/13: In terms of gaming, what do you prefer, a console or a PC?
- Both for different reasons. Console for offfline multiplayer, and the experience of playing. PC for aim in FPS's. My PC isn't great for gaming, so it makes my console more attractive at times. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 02:07, October 24, 2013 (UTC)
- I prefer console all the way. PC controls are OK, but not as good in my opinion, and PC takes so much more setup, online transactions, and amazing, expensive specs to avoid horrendous quality issues. I might be interested in them sometime, but only when I have the equipment. "What can I say? I die hard." Element Knight 375 (talk) 08:49, October 24, 2013 (UTC)
08/21/13: What are your on-sight opinions of the game Payday: The Heist ?
08/25/13: What game do you enjoy playing most with friends?
- Different ones, different times, different reasons. I love multiplayer console games because of offline play. I have a wii, and enjoy a variety of genres in multiplayer. However, playing TF2 over LAN with my brother and bots is a different kind of fantastic. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 02:07, October 24, 2013 (UTC)
- I love playing the basics, like Smash Bros. and Mario Kart. Although, Minecraft with my dad is quite fun as well. I would probably have more on the list if I were a PC guy, but I'm not yet. "What can I say? I die hard." Element Knight 375 (talk) 08:49, October 24, 2013 (UTC)
08/29/13: What do you think of DICE rebooting the Star Wars Battlefront franchise?
- What is a.... D-I-S-E? ANONYMOUS
09/02/13: Would you buy a Smash Bros. clone made by Microsoft?
- Well, I can't really see Super Meat Boy, Steve, Master Cheif, and Roachelle in a fight. I don't think i'd buy it..... "Dont touch me tacos!!!" BlueSaga (talk) 03:41, October 21, 2013 (UTC)
- No. I could see a different sort of fighting game, but not a fighter/platformer. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 02:07, October 24, 2013 (UTC)
- I might, depending on whether it seems good and well-designed. Probably not, though. Microsoft has zero memorable characters. "What can I say? I die hard." Element Knight 375 (talk) 08:49, October 24, 2013 (UTC)
09/07/13: Who would win in a fight, Shadow the Hedgehog, or Dante from Devil May Cry?
09/19/13: What do you think of the Animal Crossing series?
- I don't like it. In my opinion, too kiddish. "Stay away from my damn pet flamingo." Al129023 (talk) 6:12, October 3, 2013 (UTC)
- That's exactly what I used to think of it. But then I played the new one for 3DS, and it's freaking fun. Very immersive, very clever, and very humorous. Based on that, I'd say it's a decent series. "What can I say? I die hard." Element Knight 375 (talk) 04:37, October 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Seems like the kind of time drain any other RPG is. My brother played it and he didn't like it. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 02:07, October 24, 2013 (UTC)
- I freakin' love the new Animal Crossing; it's so much better than the others, I can tell. Especially since it's on a handheld. "What can I say? I die hard." Element Knight 375 (talk) 08:49, October 24, 2013 (UTC)
- ...................... I only played the first game. From my experience, it gets boring after a while. Happiness leveling: OMG SO EPIC, Cool, It's alright, ..., :(, :'(, *Suicide*. This all happens within three days. "Dont touch me tacos!!!" BlueSaga (talk) 03:17, November 6, 2013 (UTC)
09/21/13: What game, or series of games, has your favorite house to live in?
- Little Big Planet's pod. So many customizing choices! "Don't touch my friggin' tacos!!!" BlueSaga
- I always love building a house in Minecraft or Terraria, but I must admit, my favorite in-game house these days has to be in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. So many quirky pieces of future, interactive Nintendo items, and unique design choices, as well as opportunity to use custom-made designs. Doesn't get much better than that. "What can I say? I die hard." Element Knight 375 (talk) 05:06, September 24, 2013 (UTC)
09/24/13: What PC game would you most like to see have a console release, or vice versa?
- GTA5 on PC. JK I have no idea how good that would be. Good ports are hard to do. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 02:07, October 24, 2013 (UTC)
- I would absolutely LOVE to see Cube World come to 360. I know it will probably come out on Xbox One and PS4 instead, but...I can dream. "What can I say? I die hard." Element Knight 375 (talk) 08:49, October 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Minecraft 3DS; Resident Evil PC; Mario Kart PC; Mario Party 1, 3, 7, 9, 10 Online "Dont touch me tacos!!!" BlueSaga (talk) 03:17, November 6, 2013 (UTC)
09/27/13: Which genre of game would you rather give up, RPGs or platformers?
- Dang, that's hard. I like RPGS, platformers are normally fun. I give up."Stay away from my damn pet flamingo!" Al129023 (talk)6:14, October 3, 2013.
- That's one hard question, actually. They're my two favorite gameplay genres. Platformers have Sonic, Mario, Kirby, Rayman, Super Meat Boy...but RPGs have Skyrim, Xenoblade, Zelda, even Minecraft and Terraria...I actually can't decide. You're right. "What can I say? I die hard." Element Knight 375 (talk) 04:37, October 4, 2013 (UTC)
- As of recently, I hate them both when done straight. I love RPG elements, and I don't mind platforming as a subgenre (anything from SSB to Metroid Prime). RPG's straight are usually a fast way to lose me, and Platformers are sometimes too frustrating. I think RPG's only because some platformers can be multiplayer, and I would never give up NSMBWii for anything. (Heck even Paper Mario is too slow of an RPG :( ) But I think, more importantly is what the question may also be asking. If it's a question of what i'm cutting out, ALL TOGETHER, I would say platformers. Because RPG elements make games like Red Steel 2 and Force Unleashed more fun, where platforming makes some games less enjoyable. But to completely remove them from history would ruin many games. Action/adventure often have both RPG and platforming elements that are crucial in making the game fun. So all together, i could never give up 100% of either, but I would give up RPG's if we're talking overall genre. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 02:07, October 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Im guessing shoot 'em ups isn't an option??? "Dont touch me tacos!!!" BlueSaga (talk) 03:17, November 6, 2013 (UTC)
10/03/13: Who's the next character you think will be confirmed for SSB4?
- Hopefully a new Mario character like Bowser Jr., or possibly a character from Skyward Sword. For a third party character, I might say maybe Shadow from Sonic. " Stay away from damn pet flamingo!" Al129023 (talk) 03:28, October 5, 2013(UTC)
- I would love to see another Sonic character in SSB4, or another newer Nintendo character, but mostly, I'd like to see Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles in the mix. In terms of who I think they'll confirm next, it will probably be someone from Fire Emblem, like maybe Chrom. I'd just love to know if there are any more third parties coming along. "What can I say? I die hard." Element Knight 375 (talk) 05:42, October 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, of course there's going to be at least one more pokemon, an old character we probably don't remember, or a comeback like Roy or Mewtwo. I would love to see a Golden Sun character or a Final Fantasy 3rd party character. "Dont touch me tacos!!!" BlueSaga (talk) 03:41, October 21, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm hoping for footage of movesets or group battles that have hints rather than a new confirmation. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 02:07, October 24, 2013 (UTC)
- That would certainly be more fun. Also, I agree with BlueSaga, I'd love to see a Final Fantasy character in the mix. Element Knight 375 (talk) 08:49, October 24, 2013 (UTC)
10/04/13: Which do you like better, Rayman Legends or Super Meat Boy?
10/18/13: What would you say is your "finest hour? of gaming, that is, the best session of gaming you ever had?
10/20/13: What was the most fun you had playing games with others?
- MARIO PARTY ONE WAS MY FAVORITE GAME FOR A VERY VERY LONG TIME. That is, until others stopped playing with me and the AI was either to easy or to hard... Buuuuuuuuuuuut, that amazing game is still my favorite to play with others! (I think). "Dont touch me tacos!!!" BlueSaga (talk) 02:59, October 23, 2013 (UTC)
- Mario Party is a fast way to lose friends. I really enjoy New SMB wii because you can be helpful or not. On the other hand, playing TF2 on the same team as my bro was awesome. We got so many achievements and had a blast. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 02:07, October 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Playing Smash Bros. with my cousins is INSANELY fun, but I also like Minecraft on 360 with my dad, plus Rayman games. "What can I say? I die hard." Element Knight 375 (talk) 08:49, October 24, 2013 (UTC)
10/23/13: If games have level editors, do you like using them?
- Depends on the game, and how well the editor works. For puzzle games, i can never come up with something unique. For other games, sometimes it's worth making something up. Genius Guy #445 (talk) 02:38, October 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Not really. Smash Bros. has the only really worthwhile level editor in my opinion, but Boom Blox was kinda fun. Like GG said, it depends on the game. "What can I say? I die hard." Element Knight 375 (talk) 08:49, October 24, 2013 (UTC)
- I actually really like the level editor in Brawl, despite some pieces not fitting together as good as i want them to. Genius Guy #445 (talk)
- So do I, but there aren't really any other good ones. Element Knight 375 (talk) 06:53, October 30, 2013 (UTC)
10/24/13: If you could go to any gaming event other than E3, what would it be?
10/30/13: What's your current favorite Pokemon?
- It's a tie: Jynx, Panpour, Pansage, Hitmonlee, Blastoise, Snorlax, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Leafeon, Bronzong, Butterfree, Alakazam, and more... "Dont touch me tacos!!!" BlueSaga (talk) 03:17, November 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, I'd say my favorite is Charizard, simply because he is incredibly powerful, and has awesome Mega Evolutions in the new game. However, some of my other favorites are Pidgeot, Raichu, Onix, Greninja, Doublade, and Lucario. "Science is great." Element Knight 375 (talk) 08:57, November 8, 2013 (UTC)
10/31/13: (Obligatory Halloween thing!) What do you think is the scariest level in any game you've played?
- Everything in Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles for the Wii. Would not play it in 3D :(((((((( "Dont touch me tacos!!!" BlueSaga (talk) 03:04, November 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Let's see, I'm thinking...either Ice Peak or Palace of Twilight from Zelda: Twilight Princess, not for all-out scariness, but for that feeling of eerieness and hopelessness that just makes you wanna get the heck out of dodge. Otherwise, I haven't played any particularly scary games, so I wouldn't know. "Science is great." Element Knight 375 (talk) 05:21, November 11, 2013 (UTC)
11/08/13: What do you think is the most innovative item in any game?
11/10/13: Is there any game series or game in general that you'd like to see made into a TV series?
- I KNOW A LOT! First, some shows I think should have better remakes: Megaman should have a new anime With lots of action. The Legend of Zelda should also have a remake. I wanna see a more believable Link. There should be another crossover over the Nintendo games. There was one but the art i think was very poor, even for it's time. There should be a new Pokemon mini-series. I would like another Origins except with a different generation like Johto or Sinnoh. Some new ideas: Samus. Samus would have an amazing actiony show. Maybe a live-action movie following the first couple of games. Final Fantasy's first game should have a movie. I have many more from Prof. Layton to Phoenix Wright to Fire Emblem."Dont touch me tacos!!!" BlueSaga (talk) 06:41, November 11, 2013 (UTC)
- I agree with literally everything you said, but I'd also like to see a Xenoblade TV show, an F-Zero TV show, and a TV show that's actually about Rayman. "Science is great." Element Knight 375 (talk) 07:34, November 12, 2013 (UTC)
11/11/13: What's your favorite Mario Party game?
11/14/13: Who's your favorite video game badass?
- It's a tie between Auron and Lightning from the Final Fantasy series, Lyn, Joshua, and Ike from Fire Emblem, and Jill and Chris from Resident Evil.
- I agree with Ike, but I also like Cloud Strife, Squall, Sonic the Hedgehog, Shadow the Hedgehog, Lon'qu from Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Mega Man X. "Science is great." Element Knight 375 (talk) 10:22, November 17, 2013 (UTC)
11/15/13: What do you think is the happiest song in any game?
- Well, For happy I would choose Rikku's theme from Final Fantasy X, and energetic (If that's what you mean by happy) Castle Crasher's Forest Theme/ Space Pirates.
- I kind of mean both, so for me: happy could be Delfino Plaza (Super Mario Sunshine), Angsty Abyss overworld (Rayman Origins), and the theme to Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. Energetic would be pretty much anything from Sonic (Rooftop Run, Windy Hill, City Escape, Tropical Resort, Back 2 Back, Wave Ocean, more of me being a nerd about Sonic...), the Hyrule Field Theme from Ocarina of Time, and the main theme of Super Mario 3D Land. "Science is great." Element Knight 375 (talk) 10:22, November 17, 2013 (UTC)
11/17/13: What's your favorite platformer?
- I don't really play many platformers, but if i had to choose, I would go with the original Ice Climbers game. If they enchanced the jumping mechanics, that's be great. "Dont touch me tacos!!!" BlueSaga (talk) 15:07, November 18, 2013 (UTC)
- Ice Climber was actually decently fun, although it was pretty finnicky. My favorite platformer has to be Sonic Adventure 2, but if I had to pick others, I'd go with Sonic 1, Super Mario World, Mega Man 2, and Rayman Legends. "Science is great." Element Knight 375 (talk) 07:09, November 19, 2013 (UTC)
11/18/13: What do you think of Mega Man?
11/19/13: What's your favorite Legendary Pokemon?
- Jigglypuff. JK, I think my favorite is Articuno of Gen I, MewTwo of Gen III, Xerneas of VII.
"Dont touch me tacos!!!" BlueSaga (talk) 00:52, November 22, 2013 (UTC)
- I love all Legendary Pokemon, as they are the most epic ones, but I gotta go Xerneas, since it represents the best of the new type. HOWever, Yveltal and Zygarde also look cool, and I like Latios, Zapdos, Mew, Entei, Lugia, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, and Dialga. "Science is amazing!" Element Knight 375 (talk) 07:54, November 22, 2013 (UTC)
11/22/13: What's your favorite example of innovative game design?
12/02/13: Who would win in a fight, Klonoa or Sora from Kingdom Hearts?
12/03/13: What TV show do you most want to see become a game, and what kind of game would it be?