Burst Limit 2 is similar to its predecessor by playing in a 3D plane, with very gorgeous visuals and character models. A few things that have been updated include the Drama Pieces from the original having a better control scheme and more tension (including a few new ones at that), each character has their own number of super special moves (Ex.: Vegeta may have about six different ones, depending on the form playable), there is a world map section during the "Saga Chronicles" mode that is similar to Budokai 3's Dragon World, and some other tweaks.
- Saiyan Saga
- Namek Saga
- Andriod Saga: Dr. Gero (Japanese: Andriod Saga: Dr. Gero Returns!!)
- Andriod Saga: #16-18 (Japanese: Android Saga: Androids Unleashed!)
- Android Saga: Cell (Japanese: Android Saga: Battle Finale!!! Gohan vs. Cell!!)
- Majin Saga
- GT Saga: Baby (Japanese: GT Saga: Super Saiyan 4?!!)
- GT Saga: Super 17 (Japanese: GT Saga: #17 Reborn?!!)
- GT Saga: Dragons (Japanese: GT Saga: The Shadow Dragons!)
- Movie Saga (Unlock)
- Original Saga (Unlock)
- What-If Saga (Unlock)
(*) = Unlockable, (**) = Boss Stage only characters/forms, (***) = Wii U exclusive
- Goku [Base, Kaioken, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3]
- Goku (GT) [Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3, Super Saiyan 4]*
- Kid Goku [Base, Great Ape**]*
- Vegeta [Base, Super Saiyan, Ascended Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3*]
- Vegeta (GT) [Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3, Super Saiyan 4]*
- Kid Gohan [Base, Unlocked Potential, Great Ape**]
- Teen Gohan [Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2]
- Gohan [Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Old Kai's Unlock Ability]
- Future Gohan [Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2]*
- Gohan (GT) [Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2]*
- Piccolo [Base, New Namek, Super Namek]
- Trunks (Swordsman) [Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3*]
- Trunks (Fighter) [Base, Super Saiyan, Ultra Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2*]
- Krillin [Base, Unlocked Potential]
- Master Roshi
- Grandpa Gohan*
- Goten [Base, Super Saiyan]
- Goten (GT) [Base, Super Saiyan]*
- Kid Trunks [Base, Super Saiyan]
- Trunks (GT) [Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3]*
- Great Saiyaman
- Great Saiyawoman
- Kid Uub
- Pan [Base, Full Power Super Saiyan*]*
- Bardock [Base, Super Saiyan*]*
More characters soon.
How to unlock the characters
- Goku (GT) - Clear at least one saga segment in any GT Sagas.
- Kid Goku - Clear at least one saga segment in the Original Saga.
- SS3 Vegeta - Clear the "Super Dimensional!! Janemba's 2nd Form!" segment in the Movie Saga.
- Saga Chronicles
- VS Battle
- Tag Battle
- Z Trial
- Ultimate Training
- Data Creation
- Playstation 3 (also accessible through Playstation Network); Move is supportable
- Xbox 360 (also accessible through Xbox Live); Kinect is supportable
- Wii U (also accessible through Nintendo Network); Pro Controllers and Wii Remotes are aupportable
- The Xbox 360 port is entitled Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit II... The irony suggests that it is only available for that console, but this is more of a mistake if anything.
- There are no Wii U box covers as of right now; this is a bit weird since there have been no signs of what a Wii U title's box art will look like.
- Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit 2 is published by Atari and Bandai (Western and European audiences) and Arc System Works (Japanese and Australian audiences), and developed by Dimps.
- The ESRB rating for Burst Limit 2 is Teen, whilst the PEGI rating is 12+, CERO being A, and the ACB is PG.