| Chou Super Robot Wars AE is owned by Sam Imbecile!|
Please do not edit this page without the consent of Sam Imbecile.
Chou Super Robot Wars Æ (超スーパーロボット大戦Æ Chō Supā Robotto Taisen Æ , Ultra Super Robot Wars AE) is a crossover mecha tactical role-playing/fighting game co-developed by Banpresto and Monolith Soft and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment for the Nintendo Switch. It was released alongside in Japan and Asian territories on December 8, 2021 as part of 30th anniversary of the Super Robot Wars series. An installment of the Cross Crisis Series, the game's events are linked to Project X Zone 3: War of Infinite Worlds, developed by much of the same crew a year after the release of its Ultimate Version, the sequel to 3rd Super Robot Wars OG that was also released a year prior and the chronological series finale of Super Robot Wars.
The game was a commercial and critical success, having shipped 450,000 units in the first month of Japanese release and sold 4 million by the end of the year, being one of the highest-selling games in the Super Robot Wars franchise.
The Æ in the title stands for either Æon or Æterna (Eternal) (also spelled as Aeon / Eon and Aeterna) and the game's catchphrase is “The great war of giants of metal, transcending through eons” (時代に超越する、金属の巨人達の戦 Jidai ni chōetsu suru, kinzoku no kyojin-tachi no ikusa ).
An updated port on the PlayStation 4 would be released a year later entitled Chou Super Robot Wars M.
On June 13, 2019, Sam Imbecile, one of the head writers and developers for Project X Zone 3, stated in E3 2019 that his next game project would be a midquel to Project X Zone III where its story takes place during the events of the game. He also stated that it would be as large, if not possibly larger than the massive crossover.
On September 6, Sam posted in Twitter: "My next game project? Think of it as Super Robot Wars on steroids, ecstasy, meth, acid, viagra and cocaine." and it became most liked and re-tweeted post of the year. As such, fans of Super Robot Wars and mecha anime in general were excited to see a new game in the series where it coincides with the events of Project X Zone 3.
Two weeks later, Sam announced the release of the new SRW game which was originally the same date of release as Project X Zone III: Ultimate Edition. However, just like the case of Project X Zone 3, he had to research and marathon several anime in the mecha genre so that he could write the story of the next game, as well as play every single mainstream Super Robot Wars game from the first to the latest. Therefore, the game became two separate ports: one to be released for the Nintendo Switch alongside the PXZ3 Ultimate Edition for Bandai Namco's 65th anniversary and a PlayStation 4 port for the Super Robot Wars' 30th anniversary.
It is also announced in the live event that it will officially receive an English release in East and Southeast Asia and be the first game in series to be given a D rating by CERO due to mature and controversial themes that carried over from Project X Zone 3. In addition, the game will provide enhanced animation and graphics seen in 3rd Super Robot Wars Z: Celestial Prison Chapter, Super Robot Wars V & Super Robot Wars X. It is also confirmed to be the definitive finale of the Super Robot Wars series and by extension the entirety of the "Banpresto meta-series" that expanded over the aforementioned franchise, as well as Project X Zone, Compati Hero Series and more.
The game itself marks a lot of new entries to the series and also a lot of returns. The game marks the return of UFO Robot Grendizer, Brave Raideen, Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory, Mobile Fighter G Gundam, Space Runaway Ideon, GEAR Fighter Dendoh, Heavy Metal L-Gaim, Chōdenji Robo Combattler V, Chōdenji Machine Voltes V, Tōshō Daimos, Gaiking: Legend of Daiku-Maryu, Koutetsushin Jeeg, Sengoku Majin GōShōgun, Keroro Gunsou, Cyber Troopers Virtual-On and many more into the series proper after a long hiatus, the debut of Transformers in the form of the Unicron Trilogy incarnation (Armada, Energon and Cybertron) and the appearance of various franchises and characters that previously appeared in the mobile game Super Robot Wars X-Ω, including ones who also made an appearance in Project X Zone 3. It also marks the very first appearance of franchises from Nintendo (Xenoblade Chronicles and Pokémon), Square-Enix (Gyrozetter and Xenogears), Konami (Zone of the Enders and S.L.A.I.) and SNK (The King of Monsters) in a Super Robot Wars game. The game also sees the appearance of the Original Generation cast.
In the game's second promotional trailer, the game debuts the Grendi-Caesar (グレンダイシーザー Gurendaishīzā ), an upgrade to Grendizer, making it the third original mecha from the Mazinger franchise to debut in Super Robot Wars since Mazinkaiser and Mazin Emperor G.
Like the previous titles of the series, Chou Super Robot Wars Æ is a tactical RPG game with story elements and utilizes the same graphics engine seen in 3rd Super Robot Wars Z, Super Robot Wars V & Super Robot Wars X, but with an inclusion of a 3D isometric map unlike its predecessor.
It adapts many same elements of combat and gameplay from 3rd Super Robot Wars Z and 3rd Super Robot Wars Alpha: To the End of the Galaxy, such as attack bonuses, squads composing of a maximum of four units, team attacks and combination attacks.
The game is also notable for being the first in the series to provide the player with an avatar character and a entirely customizable robot, rather than just an original character and mecha like with all other entries.
Player and enemy units are divided into seven classifications with different functions and stats: Super Robots, Real Robots, Power Armors, Giant Heroes, Kaijus, Vehicles and Battleships.
- Super Robot - (i.e. Optimus Prime, Mazinger Z, Gurren Lagann, Shin Getter Robo, EVA Unit 01, MechaGodzilla, etc.)
- Real Robot - (i.e. Zeta Gundam, Tsugumori, KG-6 Sleipnir, ARX-8 Laevatein, Guren S.E.I.T.E.N., VF-1S Valkyrie, etc.)
- Power Armor - (i.e. Tekkaman Blade, Boosted Gear Scale Mail, etc.)
- Giant Hero - (i.e. Ultraman, Megaloman, Omnimon, Jumborg Ace, etc.)
- Kaiju - (i.e. Godzilla Earth, Mothra, Gamera, Rayquaza, Zygarde, King Kong, etc.)
- Vehicle - (i.e. Super X-III, Aircrafts, Tanks, Drones, etc.)
- Battleship - (i.e. Macross, Yamato, Blue Typhoon, Nadesico C, Brunhild, etc.)
Taking place after the events of 3rd Super Robot Wars OG and during Project X Zone 3, various worlds across the Multiverse are slowly being destroyed one by one and countless millions of lives lost in the crossfire with the suspicion that a great evil is responsible for this.
Ten years after Unicron's empire of Decepticons laid waste upon Cybertron and forced the Autobots to flee their destroyed homeworld, Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots, along with his comrades who were scattered across the galaxy seeking for a new planet, visit Earth… along with a wandering seemingly-almighty source of power called the AllSpark.
Meanwhile, in the Land of Light, the Father of Ultra observes the situation of what's happening with the Multiverse and understands that the problem is probably the gravest and most dangerous anyone will ever face, so he sends his sons Taro and Leo, as well Seven, Astra and 80, to summon a grand alliance of heroes from any world they could find that had not been ravaged by the Genocide of Heroes.
After some time, a grand alliance of good is formed from the heroes of ten Earths:
- Earth-35 (Universal Century Earth);
- Earth-6C7G (Cosmic Era Earth);
- Earth-A509 (Anno Domini Earth);
- Earth-9909 (After Colony Earth);
- Earth-8334209 (Post Disaster Earth);
- Earth-123P (Build Fighters Earth);
- Earth-007F (After War Earth);
- Earth-10O8 (Regild Century Earth);
- Earth-233 (Advanced Generation Earth); and
- Earth-ZY48 (Future Century Earth).
Time begins to run out for the Earths in both the past and the future while in the present, the Father of Ultra tells the heroes of his plan to halt the approaching antimatter waves by transporting them to various times in various Earths where they help the Ultras build Time-Space Towers by harnessing the power and technology of the AllSpark that are to be activated to save reality.
More to be added…
The entire game is composed of a total of 100 main chapters with several different routes to take and three different endings.
- Scenario 1: In the Beginning
- Isaac Route:
- Scenario 2: Into the Future
- Manami Route:
- Scenario 2: A Mysterious Lady
- Youtaro Route:
- Scenario 2: Back to the Past
- Miriam Route:
- Scenario 2: Sealed in the Present
- Scenario 3: An Unlikely Friendship
- Scenario 4: Iron Blood
- Scenario 5: Free-For-All
- Scenario 6: A Never-Ending Battle
- Scenario 7: Genocide of Heroes
- Scenario 8: ZAFT and ORB
- Scenario 9: Worlds Apart
- Scenario 10: No Turning Back
- Scenario 11: Your Drill Will Pierce the Heavens!
- Scenario 12: Angels and Dragons
- Scenario 13: Running Gears
- Scenario 14: Wrong Side of the Galaxy
- Scenario 15: Just Business
- Scenario 16: Nations at War
- Scenario 17: Catalyst
- Scenario 18: Fight! Super Robot Lifeforms
- Scenario 19: High Stakes, Low Key
- Scenario 20: You Only Live Once
- Scenario 21: ZERO
- Scenario 22: Leadership Issues
- Scenario 23: Saviors of the Universe
- Scenario 24: Burning Desire
- Scenario 25: Dreams and Ambitions
- Scenario 26: Winged Assassin
- Scenario 27: Forever Brave
- Scenario 28: Reuniting the Autobots
- Scenario 29: Crossroads to Destruction
- Scenario 30: An Endless Sea of Loneliness
- Scenario 31: A Light in the Void
- Scenario 32: Tanker Commander
- Scenario 33: And Then There Was One
- Scenario 34: Emperor in Exile
- Scenario 35: The First and The Last
- Scenario 36: Rebellion
- Scenario 37: Gone and Forgotten
- Scenario 38: Against All Odds
- Scenario 39: Match Made in Hell
- Scenario 40: So Be It
- Scenario 41: The Elemental Lords
- Scenario 42: So Long, My Love…
- Scenario 43: Are You Going to Crystal Tokyo?
- Scenario 44: Wear Thorns On Your Head
- Scenario 45: Battle God of Steel
- Scenario 46: Deconstruction
- Cosmic Era Earth Route:
- Scenario 47: Air Raid
- Scenario 48: Supply Lines…
- Scenario 49: New Model Army
- Anno Domini Earth Route:
- Scenario 47: Awakening
- Scenario 48: Grinding My Gears
- Scenario 49: In the Face of Death
- Post-Disaster Earth Route:
- Scenario 47: Revival
- Scenario 48: A Great Opportunity
- Scenario 49: All or None
- Scenario 50: The Sword That Cleaves Evil
- Tekkadan/SRX Route:
- Scenario 51: Mountain Cloud Boys
- Scenario 52: All's Fair in Love and War
- Scenario 53: Lure
- Scenario 54: Amphibious Assault
- Scenario 55: The Zeon Con
- ZAFT/Autobots Route:
- Scenario 51: Zeroing In
- Scenario 52: Test Drive
- Scenario 53: Customs Fast Track
- Scenario 54: Puncture Wounds
- Scenario 55: Defiance
- NERV/Elemental Lords Route:
- Scenario 51: Pride of Justice
- Scenario 52: Dawn of a New World
- Scenario 53: Beyond God and Devil
- Scenario 54: Nail in the Coffin
- Scenario 55: The Great Tribulation
- Team Dai-Gurren/Sanger Route:
- Scenario 51: Snail Trail
- Scenario 52: To Hell and Back
- Scenario 53: Damsel in Despair
- Scenario 54: Divine Crusaders' Last Flight
- Scenario 55: Drill Ka-Boom-Boom
- Scenario 56: The Hunt
- Scenario 57: Civil War
- Galactic Empire Route:
- Scenario 58: March to Victory!
- Scenario 59: Highjack
- Scenario 60: Interdiction
- Scenario 61: Verdant Meadows
- Scenario 62: Requiem of Misurugi
- Scenario 63: N.O.E.
- Scenario 64: Stowaway
- Scenario 65: Black Project
- Scenario 66: Funeral March of Worlds
- Free Planets Alliance Route:
- Scenario 58: Defy Defeat!
- Scenario 59: Low Blow
- Scenario 60: Interception
- Scenario 61: Rising Horizons
- Scenario 62: We're Soaring, Flying
- Scenario 63: Vessel of Hope
- Scenario 64: The Space Pirates Strike Back
- Scenario 65: Collision Course
- Scenario 66: Supernova
- Neutral Route:
- Scenario 58: The Third Wheel
- Scenario 59: Middle Line
- Scenario 60: Intersections
- Scenario 61: Truant
- Scenario 62: Connecting the Past, Present and Future
- Scenario 63: War of Attrition
- Scenario 64: Courage in the Face of Cowardice
- Scenario 65: Spitting on the Grave of Fireflies
- Scenario 66: Hellfire
- Scenario 67: Ultimatum
- Scenario 68: Chaos in the Horizon
- Scenario 69: You've Had Your Days
- Scenario 70: Friends or Foes?
- Defy Instrumentality Route:
- Scenario 71: Nobody Can Oppose Us!
- Scenario 72: Peace of War
- Scenario 73: Why, Why, Why?!
- Scenario 74: Angels and Devils
- Scenario 75: Up, Up and Away!
- Defy Destiny Route:
- Scenario 71: Fighting Until the Very End!
- Scenario 72: Key to Her Heart
- Scenario 73: Damn and Blast
- Scenario 74: Truth and Consequences
- Scenario 75: Optimus Prime, Forever
- Scenario 76: One Last Chance
- Scenario 77: For the Fate of Billions
- Scenario 78: The Matrix Shines in the Darkness
- Scenario 79: Gods and Monsters
- Scenario 80: Misappropriation
- Scenario 81: High Ground
- Scenario 82: The Final Era
- Scenario 83: The Beginning of the End
- Scenario 84: A Home in the Cosmos
- Isaac Route:
- Scenario 85: Vertical Bird
- Scenario 86: Revelation of the Apocalypse
- Scenario 87: Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin
- Manami Route:
- Scenario 85: War of the Giants
- Scenario 86: Crying Out to the Heavens
- Scenario 87: Family
- Youtaro Route:
- Scenario 85: Top Secret
- Scenario 86: Pride in my Blood
- Scenario 87: Operation Steel Gods
- Miriam Route:
- Scenario 85: Desperation
- Scenario 86: World War III
- Scenario 87: Our Promise
- Scenario 88: Home Coming
- Defend Earth Route:
- Scenario 89: Immortal Spirits of the Earth
- Scenario 90: I Love You
- Scenario 91: Siege of Tokyo
- Scenario 92: Never Again!
- Liberate Cybertron Route:
- Scenario 89: Alliance, Roll Out!
- Scenario 90: War for the Liberation of Cybertron
- Scenario 91: Wrath of the Chaos-Bringer
- Scenario 92: One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall
- Scenario 93: Across Time and Space
- Scenario 94: War to End All Wars
- Scenario 95: End of an Empire
- Normal Ending Route:
- Scenario 96: Reaching for The Lights in the Sky
- Scenario 97: Souls of Steel, Hearts of Love
- Scenario 98: To the Ends of the Universe
- Scenario 99: Into the Abyss
- Final Scenario: 'Til All Are One
- True Ending/IF Route:
- Scenario 96: For the Alliance!
- Scenario 97: Armageddon
- Bad Ending: Be Invoked
- Scenario 98: Beyond Infinity
- Scenario 99: End of the Line
- Final Scenario: A New Eternity
When starting the game, the player creates an avatar and chooses between the four scenarios in the second chapter, one for each combination of a male or female protagonist and super or real robot, as follows:
- Avatar/Hero of Earth-Prime - Male/Female. The first Super Robot Wars game to provide the player an avatar with a customizable mecha, the protagonist who would later be known in the game as the Hero from Earth-Prime is an avid otaku and fan of mecha anime, to the point where he/she even imagines him/herself piloting a robot. He/she is rescued by whoever the player picks will be his/her companion throughout the game when his/her home-universe, Earth-Prime, was unfortunately destroyed in the Genocide of Heroes. Afterwards, in his/her quest to avenge his/her lost home, the player can choose to pilot either a Super Robot or a Real Robot, customize and name it.
Super Robot Pilots
If the player chooses to pilot a Super Robot, he/she can choose either of the two of the following protagonists to be your companion.
- Isaac Flynn - Male, pilot of Dragonturtle Mk. II - Victory God Mode and later a co-pilot of the Chou Mashiach Ben Yahuwah after giving the Victory God to either the Avatar or Aya Nishio. First appearing in Project X Zone 3, Isaac plays a more central role in the game. If Avatar is female, Isaac can become her love interest.
- Aya Nishio - Female, pilot of either the Ferrum Opus and would later control Isaac's Victory God. Becomes one of the main characters only if Isaac is selected as the deuteragonist. If the Avatar is male, the player can have the option to be Aya's boyfriend.
- King Aurelio - Male, the King of the Mewni Dimension and the father of Princess Eve Butterfly. He was thought to have been killed two decades ago, but he actually went into hiding to lead the creation of the two ultra-powerful mechas, Grendi-Caesar, which he gave to Duke Fleed, and Evangelion Unit-Omega, which he pilots himself.
- Manami - Female, pilot of Magical Robo MagiSun, if the Avatar is female. If the Avatar is male, she pilots Magical Robo MagiMoon instead. Later, she pilots the Magical Super Robo MagiEarth. In addition, the player may choose Manami to be his girlfriend.
- Queen Amayano - Female, pilot of Seikishin GingaSeiShi the 37th. She becomes one of the main characters of the story if Hanami is selected as the deuteragonist. She was the Queen of an intergalactic Terran Empire from Earth-DG00X but was driven out after her universe was decimated by a wave of antimatter.
- Ryuuji Kabuto - Male, pilot of the Mazinkaiser. Ryuuji is the fourteen-year-old son of Kouji Kabuto and Sayaka Yumi sent from the future to help free his father from Mazinger ZERO's clutches.
- King Endymion - Male, the King of Crystal Tokyo and the Earth that is turned into a frozen wasteland in the future. He appears as a spiritual entity, controlling the Gaea Aeterna, the embodiment of the Earth.
Real Robot Pilots
In contrast, if the player chooses to be a Real Robot pilot, he/she can choose one of the following below to be the deuteragonist throughout the game.
- Youtaro Suzumura - Male, pilot of Gallileaneus AstroMark-3.
- Rebecca Sakuno - Female, pilot of the Supraxion. Playable only if Youtaro is selected as the deuteragonist. She is an African-American-Japanese airplane pilot who is dragged into a war and trained to be a robot pilot.
- Haruto Asuka - Male, pilot of the ZGMF-X67A Truth Gundam and the fifteen-year-old son of Shinn Asuka and Lunamaria Hawke.
- Miriam Moonway - Female, pilot of UNCL-FM-23 Europa. Miriam is a Filipino-American Fighter Model pilot in the United Nations Combat League.
Other Original Characters
- Goldstreak - Male, commander of the Orbots, an autonomous sect of the Autobots stationed in the Orb Union, Earth-6C7G.
- Prince Kamimura XXVI - Male, pilot of Jakishin Kuro-Zeta-0 and later Hyakkishin Gin-Omega-100. He is the son of Queen Amayano and King Kamimura XXV and was presumed dead when Earth-DG00X was erased. It is later revealed that he is alive and under Megatron's control.
Series indicated in bold make their debut. Series marked in asterisks (*) debut in the main series after their appearance in Super Robot Wars X-Ω.
- Banpresto Originals
- Super Robot Wars OG: Original Generations
- 2nd Super Robot Wars OG
- 3rd Super Robot Wars OG
- Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Masou Kishin - The Lord of Elemental
- Super Robot Wars Alpha
- 2nd Super Robot Wars Alpha
- 3rd Super Robot Wars Alpha: To the End of the Galaxy
- Super Robot Wars Z
- 2nd Super Robot Wars Z: Destruction and Regeneration Chapters
- 3rd Super Robot Wars Z: Time Prison and Heavenly Prison Chapters
- Super Robot Wars Impact
- Super Robot Wars MX
- Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Endless Frontier
- Super Robot Wars D
- Super Robot Wars J
- Super Robot Wars W
- Super Robot Wars K
- Super Robot Wars L
- Super Machine Zambot 3
- The Unchallengeable Daitarn 3
- Invincible Robot Trider G7
- Invincible King Tri-Zenon
- Chōdenji Robo Combattler V
- Chōdenji Machine Voltes V
- Tōshō Daimos
- Space Emperor God Sigma
- Space Warrior Baldios
- Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still
- New Tetsujin-28
- Ninja Senshi Tobikage
- Six God Combination Godmars
- Armored Trooper VOTOMS
- Armored Trooper VOTOMS: Big Battle
- Armored Trooper VOTOMS: Alone Again
- Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love?
- Super Dimension Century Orguss
- Super Dimension Calvary Southern Cross
- Mobile Suit Gundam
- Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
- Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
- Mobile Suit Victory Gundam
- Mobile Fighter G Gundam
- New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
- After War Gundam X
- Turn ∀ Gundam
- Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny
- Mobile Suit Gundam 00 the Movie: A Wakening of the Trailblazer
- Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaway's Flash
- Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam
- Mobile Suit Gundam AGE (Third~Fourth Generation)
- Gundam Build Fighters
- Gundam Reconguista in G
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
- Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt
- Mobile Suit Gundam Narrative
- Dancouga - Super Beast Machine God
- Jūsō Kikō Dancouga Nova
- Sengoku Majin GōShōgun
- Aura Battler Dunbine
- Brave Raideen
- Aim for the Top! Gunbuster
- Aim for the Top! 2: Diebuster
- Martian Successor Nadesico: The Motion Picture – Prince of Darkness
- Brave Exkaiser
- The Brave Fighter of Sun Fighbird
- The Brave Express Might Gaine
- The King of Braves Gaogaigar
- The King of Braves Gaogaigar FINAL
- Mazinger Edition Z: The Impact!
- Shin Mazinger ZERO vs. the Great General of Darkness
- Mazinkaiser (Original)
- Mazinkaiser SKL
- God Mazinger
- UFO Robot Grendizer
- Getter Robo Armageddon
- Koutetushin Jeeg
- Gaiking: Legend of Daiku-Maryu
- Beast King GoLion
- Armored Fleet Dairugger XV
- GEAR Fighter Dendoh
- Shishunki Bishōjo Gattai Robo Z-MIND
- Mashin Hero Wataru
- Chou Mashin Hero Wataru
- Madö King Granzört
- Space Runaway Ideon
- IS: Infinite Stratos
- High School DxD
- High School DxD New
- High School DxD BorN
- High School DxD Hero
- Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram
- Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Marz
- Cyber Troopers Virtual-On ft. Fei-Yen HD
- A Certain Magical Virtual-ON*
- Valvrave the Liberator
- Strain: Strategic Armored Infantry
- Chikyū Bōei Kigyou Dai-Guard
- The Big O (Season 2)
- Sonic X (Season 4)
- Doraemon: Nobita and the New Steel Troops: ~Winged Angels~
- Kishin Taisen Gigantic Formula
- Sakura Wars*
- Sakura Wars 4: Fall in Love, Maidens*
- Sakura Wars V: So Long, My Love
- Golden Warrior Gold Lightan
- Full Metal Panic!
- Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
- Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
- Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
- Overman King Gainer
- Knights of Sidonia
- Genesis of Aquarion
- Aquarion EVOL
- Aquarion Logos
- Psalms of Planets Eureka Seven: Hi-Evolution
- Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars
- Macross 7
- Macross Dynamite 7
- Macross Frontier the Movie: The False Songstress
- Macross Frontier the Movie: Wings of Goodbye
- Macross Delta
- Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters
- Godzilla: City on the Edge of Battle
- Godzilla: Planet Eater
- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
- Code Geass: Oz the Reflection*
- Code Geass R3: Lelouch of the Resurrection
- Rebuild of Evangelion
- Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone
- Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance
- Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo
- Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 You Can (Not) Reverse
- Darling in the FranXX
- Hades Project Zeorymer
- Kannazuki no Miko
- Knight's & Magic
- Nobunaga the Fool
- Kamen Rider
- Kamen Rider J
- Kamen Rider Den-O
- Super Sentai*
- Kyoryū Sentai Zyuranger*
- Bakuryū Sentai Abaranger
- Tokusō Sentai Dekaranger
- Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
- Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
- Uchū Sentai Kyuranger
- Metal Hero
- Space Sheriff Gavan
- Space Sheriff Sharivan
- Space Sheriff Shaider
- B-Fighter Kabuto
- Pacific Rim
- Pacific Rim: Uprising
- Genesis Climber MOSPEADA
- Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragon
- Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2199
- Space Battleship Yamato 2202: Warriors of Love
- Space Pirate Captain Harlock
- Galactic Armored Fleet Majestic Prince*
- Legend of Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These
- Zone of the Enders: Dolores,i
- Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legend The Movie
- Ultraman Zero: Revenge of Belial
- Ultraman Saga
- Ultraman Ginga
- Ultra Fight Victory
- Ultraman X
- Ultraman Orb
- Ultraman Geed
- Ultraman R/B
- Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos
- Planetary Robot Danguard Ace
- Blue Comet SPT Layzner
- Magic Knight Rayearth
- Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water
- Brain Powerd
- Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse
- Innocent Venus
- Brigadoon: Marin & Melan
- Infinite Ryvius*
- Fafner in the Azure
- Super Robot Lifeforms Transformers: Micron Legend
- Transformers: Superlink
- Transformers Galaxy Force
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
- Gurren Lagann The Movie: The Lights in the Sky are Stars
- Super Heavy God Gravion
- Super Heavy God Gravion Zwei
- Shinkon Gattai Godannar
- Chōsoku Henkei Gyrozetter
- Heavy Metal L-Gaim
- Kenzen Robo Daimidaler
- The Girl Who Leapt Through Space*
- The King of Monsters
- The King of Monsters 2: The Next Thing
- Kishin Houkō Demonbane
- Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
- Break Blade
- Tekkaman Blade
- Tekkaman Blade II
- Captain Earth
- Keroro Gunsou
- Haja-Taisei Dangaioh
- Zettai Muteki Raijin-Oh
- Idolmaster: Xenoglossia*
- Combat Mecha Xabungle
- Special Armored Battalion Dorvack*
- Lightspeed Electroid Albegas*
- Gad Guard
- Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
- Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver
- Pokémon Black 2/White 2
- Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
- Pokémon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon
- Xenoblade Chronicles
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Border Break*
- Machine Robo: Battle Hackers*
- Machine Robo Rescue
- Attack on Titan
- Tech Romancer
- Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness
- Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar
- The Vision of Escaflowne
- TRANSFORMERS EVO.
- Performed by: JAM Project
- Composed by: Hironobu Kageyama
- Lyrics by: Hironobu Kageyama
- Arranged by: Daisuke Kikuta
- Chōdenji ~We are Brothers 2021~
- Performed by: Super Robot Music All Stars (JAM Project, T.M.Revolution, Nana Mizuki, Ichirō Mizuki, Mitsuko Horie)
- Composed by: AYANO (of FULL AHEAD)
- Lyrics by: Shoko Fujibayashi
- Arranged by: Daisuke Kikuta
- Heal the World (30th Anniversary All-Star Version)
- Performed by: JAM Project, T.M.Revolution, Ichirō Mizuki, Mitsuko Horie, Kenji Akabane, Tōru Furuya, Nana Mizuki, Mamoru Miyano, Yuichi Nakamura, Tomokazu Seki, Yui Horie, Tomoe Hanba, Nobuyuki Hiyama, Aya Endo, Kenichi Suzumura, Maaya Sakamoto, Kōichi Yamadera, Rie Tanaka, Sōichirō Hoshi, Naomi Shindō, Akira Ishida, Megumi Ogata, Megumi Hayashibara, Yūko Miyamura, Megumi Nakajima, Maiko Itou, Yumi Kakazu, Ayako Kawasumi, Sayuri, Konami Yoshida, etc.
- Composed by: Hironobu Kageyama
- Japanese Lyrics by: Shoko Fujibayashi
- Arranged by: Daisuke Kikuta
- Original Lyrics by: Michael Jackson (1991)
- Original Composition by: Michael Jackson (1991)
- Original Arrangement by: Marty Paich (1991)
- Eternal Eternity
- Performed by: Nana Mizuki ft. Ichirō Mizuki
- Composed by: Megumi Hinata
- Lyrics by: Saitō Shinya
- Arranged by: Saitō Shinya
“The armies of all the worlds will come for me, and within my fortress, they will face all the terrible creatures I have wrought, the boundless power I have mastered, and one by one, they will fall at my feet. Anyone who would rise against my new Decepticon Empire will be impaled upon the spires of Cybertron!”
“Through your selfless actions, you have earned the respect of the Vers Empire and my people. We have granted you this foothold, confident that you will lead the Grand Alliance to victory, Commander.”
—Count Slaine Troyard's speech to the player after completing the Aldnoah.Zero storyline
“You are an outstanding warrior of virtue. You and your friends have fought and won many battles on your way together. But today, we face our greatest challenge, as we attempt to unite against the Decepticons.”
—TyrannoRanger's speech to the player after completing the Super Sentai storylines
“Hero, our trust in you was not mistaken. You and your comrades are now our ultimate weapons against our greatest enemies. Lead us to glory and victory, Admiral.”
—Captain Harlock's speech to the player after completing the Space Pirate Captain Harlock storyline
“For your courage and wisdom, you have brought honor once again to my planet. I now grant you a respected place in the Planet Fleed. Now it is up to you to decide our victory, Commander.”
—Duke Fleed's speech to the player after completing the Grendizer storyline
“You have inspired me, Commander. I have seen you and your friends win many hard-fought battles across many worlds. We now face our greatest challenge, as we attempt to unite against the Decepticons.”
—Angelise Ikaruga Misurugi's speech to the player after completing the Cross Ange storyline
“Hero, our trust in you was not misplaced. You and the armies you command are now our greatest hope against the Decepticons. Lead us to victory, General.”
—Juzo Okita's speech to the player after completing the Space Battleship Yamato 2199 storyline
“I have witnessed your bravery against all odds and your triumphs in many battles across many Earths with your friends. But now, this time might be different, as we attempt to unite against our greatest adversary.”
—Koji Kabuto's speech to the player after completing the Mazinger storylines
“Hero, our trust in you was not misplaced. You and the machines you command are now our greatest weapon against the Decepticon Empire. Lead us to victory, General.”
—Reinhard von Lohengramm's speech to the player after completing the Legend of the Galactic Heroes storyline on the side of the Galactic Empire
“Your heroic deeds have earned you this garrison in Cybertron. It is from here that you will lead the Autobots and our allies to victory, Commander.”
—Optimus Prime's speech to the player after completing the Transformers storyline
“Your endless courage and perseverance to fight has earned your respect and place among the Black Knights. From this moment forth, you will lead us to victory, Commander.”
—Lelouch vi Britannia's speech to the player after completing the Code Geass storyline
“You have overwhelming odds and pursued victory. For your kindness and courage, on behalf of the entire Earth and your allies, lead us, the Team Dai-Gurren, to victory, Commander!”
—Simon's speech to the player after completing the Gurren Lagann storyline
“Commander, you have inspired me, for you and your friends fought many difficults across many Earths. But now we struggle to unite against the dreaded Decepticon Empire, our greatest challenge.”
—Amuro Ray's speech to the player after completing the Gundam Universal Century storylines
“I have seen you and your comrades win many hard-fought battles across many worlds. We now face our greatest challenge as we attempt to unite against the Decepticons!”
—Ryoma Nagare's speech to the player after completing the Getter Robo Armageddon storyline
“Hero, we were not wrong for trusting you. Now, you and the armies you command are our greatest weapon against the greatest enemies we could ever face. Lead us to victory, General.”
—Gendo Ikari's speech to the player after completing the Rebuild of Evangelion storyline
“In all my years as captain, I have never seen someone as determined and courageous in the battlefield as you are, hero. Now you and your allies are our greatest hope. Lead us to victory, Admiral.”
—Maximilian Jenius's speech to the player after completing the Macross storyline
“Through your dedication and compassion, you have rightfully earned the trust of my entire race and the Land of Light. You may now take command from there and lead us to victory, Commander.”
—Ultraman King's speech to the player after completing the Ultraman storylines
“I have witnessed your victories with your friends and armies throughout worlds and dimensions. But now, we face a common threat, as we attempt to unite against the Decepticons.”
—Kira Yamato's speech to the player after completing the Gundam SEED Destiny storyline
“I have witness you and your friends accomplish many feats and win many challenging battles across many worlds. We now face our greatest adversary as we attempt to unite against the Decepticon Empire.”
—Guy Shishioh's speech to the player after completing the Gaogaigar storylines
“Hero, our trust in you was not misplaced. You and the armies you command are now our greatest hope against the Decepticons. Follow us to victory, General.”
—Yang Wen-li's speech to the player after completing the Legend of the Galactic Heroes storyline on the side of the Free Planets Alliance
- Not counting the mobile game Super Robot Wars X-Ω, Chou Super Robot Wars Æ surpasses 3rd Super Robot Wars Z as the game with the largest playable cast in the series before the sequel Chou Super Robot Wars M takes the spot.
- It is the only entry in the Cross Crisis Series that doesn't have "X"/"Cross" in the game title.
- As a side-story to Project X Zone 3, characters, villains and plot elements from the game are also present here. Many other characters only appear in cameos in cutscenes.
- References from Project X Zone III are also made in various points of the game.
- The follow-up Chou Super Robot Wars M will correspond directly with the events of Project X Zone 3's endgame arc.
- In the same vein that Project X Zone 3's story is the darkest in the Namco Cross series, the Chou Super Robot Wars storyline is also considered to be darkest, most surreal and mature in the entire Super Robot Wars franchise, due to presence of disturbing themes such as rape, slavery, genocide and child abuse, sexual content, nudity, excess blood and gore, extreme graphic violence, profanity, religious implications, character deaths, surreal realism, drug materialism and moments of depression throughout the game.
- Additionally, the game was originally going to add eroge elements similar to Project X Zone 3, but the idea was dropped because the creators thought it would be "too much and go for copying Project X Zone 3".
- Because of such, it is the first SRW game to receive a D rating by CERO.
- This is the first game in the Super Robot Wars series to feature characters from the Transformers franchise.
- The Galactic Empire-Free Planets Alliance divide and civil war between the heroes is reminiscent of the ZAFT-ZEUTH split and the in-fighting among ZEUTH allies in Super Robot Wars Z. The difference is that the player can choose to fight alongside either of the two sides or stay neutral for ten stages.
- It is the first non-Original Generation SRW game to feature multiple Banpresto Original characters from the Original Generation cast.
- It is also the first Super Robot Wars game to debut SNK, Square Enix, Konami and Nintendo game franchises.
- As well, it is the first game in the franchise to feature characters and stories exclusive to a different console port of the game, in this case, Nintendo's Pokémon and Xenoblade Chronicles.